Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby AlexK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

CreedP wrote:I just watched KurtRussellReunion II.

THANK YOU, PWG, for not having another KRR this year! :D (Yes, I know there isn't a WrestleReunion this year, but still!) I really appreciate not having to watch a PWG show with old 'Legends' in it, I don't watch this company to see old guys trotted out for nostalgia. Monday Night Raw covers that already! I watch PWG for the best -WRESTLING- anywhere.

Thank you for having DDT4 to start 2013 and not sports entertainment. :)

CREED

You obviously didn't see KRR3. It's okay, just know that KRR3 doesn't suffer from that...unless you have a problem with minis wrestlers... 8)
AlexK

Postby CreedP » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm

I -did- see KRR3, actually, and while it didn't have all the sports entertainment, it also didn't have that 'great show' feel, sorry. The Main Event was a blast, of course... but some of the matches just didn't quite gel, like Roderick / Mochizuki. Plus the environment feels all weird, seeing everyone pushed away from the ring, just feels impersonal. Very present-day ROH-ish (and no that is NOT a compliment, heh)

CREED
CreedP

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Was there a return date announced at DDT4 2013?
Garden State Saint

Postby AlexK » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:56 am

CreedP wrote:I -did- see KRR3, actually, and while it didn't have all the sports entertainment, it also didn't have that 'great show' feel, sorry. The Main Event was a blast, of course... but some of the matches just didn't quite gel, like Roderick / Mochizuki. Plus the environment feels all weird, seeing everyone pushed away from the ring, just feels impersonal. Very present-day ROH-ish (and no that is NOT a compliment, heh)

CREED

No worries, I blame it somewhat on the convention atmosphere. I was grateful to come to Reseda last month to get my first REAL taste of PWG lol
AlexK

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 am

Mike Johnson is currently doing a Q&A on pwinsiders twitter, and on it he was asked what he thought was better: ROH or PWG. His answer was "PWG over ROH. PWG is what ROH was in 2002 when it launched. Intimate venue. Smart fan. Dream matches. Awesome work ethic "
Nasty Nate

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm

and Mike is correct, speaking of other people talking about PWG, Excalibur did in an interview for Get Up on This hosted by Jensen Karp, comedian and rapper as well as former WWE writer, as they talk about going to their 1st PWG show and Excalibur explains the process working in PWG, on the SModcast, which is run by Kevin Smith

http://smodcast.com/episodes/w-excalibur/

though this isn't the only time PWG has been mentioned on a non-wrestling podcast, Colt Cabana also talked about PWG a bit on the WTF with Marc Maron
El Asian

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 am

El Asian wrote:and Mike is correct, speaking of other people talking about PWG, Excalibur did in an interview for Get Up on This hosted by Jensen Karp, comedian and rapper as well as former WWE writer, as they talk about going to their 1st PWG show and Excalibur explains the process working in PWG, on the SModcast, which is run by Kevin Smith

http://smodcast.com/episodes/w-excalibur/

though this isn't the only time PWG has been mentioned on a non-wrestling podcast, Colt Cabana also talked about PWG a bit on the WTF with Marc Maron

That was a great listen. We should get a list of famous people that like PWG going.

Chris Bauer- Frank Sobotka of The Wire
Chad Gilbert- Founding member of New Found Glory
Nasty Nate

Postby bennym6 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 am

So great. I'll be listening to that immediately. Excalibur is one of the coolest people in pro wrestling.
bennym6

Postby Sykesy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

So I am traveling from Australia and will be in LA from the 8th March to the 14th. From the looks of things, Could be a good chance of a PWG show that weekend unless they decide to do Late February.

Anyway, Is there many cabs around Reseda. I strongly doubt it as it isn't exactly the tourist hotspot, Just thought I'd ask.
Sykesy

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Sykesy wrote:So I am traveling from Australia and will be in LA from the 8th March to the 14th. From the looks of things, Could be a good chance of a PWG show that weekend unless they decide to do Late February.

Anyway, Is there many cabs around Reseda. I strongly doubt it as it isn't exactly the tourist hotspot, Just thought I'd ask.

Yeah but they probally wont be randomly driving around looking for people, just google reseda taxi, or something like that and call they will pick you up...and taxi's arnt cheap at all, trust me.
eastbay510

Postby Sykesy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Yeah, $53 with medium traffic as I am staying in Beverly Hills.

$230 for a PWG show with cab fares? Worth it.
Sykesy

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 am

did anybody notice how much screen time that super dragon sign got on RAW(the dude who made that must've been happy) and then there was this
[video=youtube;zMwOQWihTdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwOQWihTdQ[/video]
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 am

LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwOQWihTdQ

ok i suck at posting videos.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Nasty Nate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 am

Was that the same guy from the other video where he chants his name for like 3 minutes straight until he runs out of the ring, jumps the rail and threatens to whoop the shit out of said fan?
Nasty Nate

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 am

Oh shit Legion Larry is in the opening of Botchamania 220!!!
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Would love some news, any news really on a return date. I find myself checking the site religiously for updates
PWGnorthern

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Would love some news, any news really on a return date. I find myself checking the site religiously for updates

I did hear on a podcast that the next show will be in March .
ShadowMaster

Postby bennym6 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am

It'll probably get announced soon. In the next two weeks hopefully.
bennym6

Postby luca brasi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

I had originally heard they were looking at weekend of March 8-10, possibly a double header
luca brasi

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum