Flying in

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Flying in

Postby Slappy » Tue May 30, 2006 9:19 am

So me and my friends want to take a trip over from England to see the BOLA. However we dont know where to start looking in planning. How easy is the sweatbox to get to from the nearest airport? is there hotels to stay in quite near? What forms of transport are there?

Any help or knowledge would be great if you can help out.
Slappy

Postby WannaB » Tue May 30, 2006 9:36 am

It's a ways off from LAX. My suggestion is that you plan on a rental car. But if the idea of driving around the crazy Los Angeles streets while having to relearn which side of the road to drive on is too much...

...then I suggest you take a cab to a hotel that's relatively close to a metro station. You could then take the subway down to East Hollywood, as there's a station only a couple of blocks from where the JCC is located.

My suggestion though... find a hotel that isn't anywhere near the JCC. The hotels in that area are run down pieces of crap and are in questionable areas. Anything West of the JCC is good, but don't go too far West otherwise you end up in West Hollywood and that place can be gayer than San Francisco at Halloween (dead serious). Since it's the Hollywood area expect to be paying a lot for a room.

I used to stay at the Holiday Inn off of Vineland (I think) in the North Hollywood/Studio City area (just off the 101 freeway). It was a nice place, but if you plan on the metro & not a rental car, keep in mind that the nearest metro station is a good mile away. But there are other places in the area. You have plenty of time to plan so don't worry too much.
WannaB

Postby Slappy » Tue May 30, 2006 9:38 am

Ah yeha I should have mentioned that none of us are able to drive yet. I've not heard of a metro station before, what are they?
Slappy

Postby HeartPunch33 » Tue May 30, 2006 10:18 am

My advice would be to fly into Burbank if at all possible. Avoid LAX alltogether. Take a cab to the Hilton in Glendale. Their rates are reasonable. The Hilton is about 10 mins. from the Burbank Airport and about 15 mins from JCC. You can also cheaply take a cab from the Hotel to JCC. As for other sightseeing around LA/Hollywood/etc., just try to hook up with some hot chicks, use your accents and they'll go nuts and drive you guys wherever you want. It will be just like the Benny Hill Show, it will be great. Glendale is 7 mins. from downtown LA and anywhere you want to go is close by. If not Glendale, look into staying in Pasadena. Especially if you have a hankering for Asian broads. Good luck.
HeartPunch33

Postby frankp » Tue May 30, 2006 10:37 am

The Metro is like the London Underground only not in London and cleaner/more reliable. I used the Metro a lot when i came over to see PWG and was impressed with it. Primarily it's cheap and got me in the general area i wanted to get to everytime.
I stayed at the "Ramada - Hollywood Near Universal Studios" which was about 3 minute cab ride to the JCC (as long as you mapquest the way to show the cabbie) which wasn't very expensive and although nothing special it was good enough for me. All you can eat breakfast! It's about 2 minute walk from one of the metro stations so it's pretty easy to get anywhere else around LA from it.
I am also coming over from England for BOLA 2. I need to start organising myself as well.
frankp

Postby Slappy » Tue May 30, 2006 10:48 am

Thanks for the advice guys. Frank, what airline did you use, and how much did it cost?
Slappy

Postby Wreckless » Tue May 30, 2006 10:53 am

i was also thinking about a trip over for bola but i cant convince anyone to go with me having non wrestling fan friends really sucks sometimes, still got time to work on them though would be good to be there and see some fellow brits :)
Wreckless

Postby frankp » Tue May 30, 2006 11:30 am

I'm pretty sure it was Delta and cost about
frankp

Postby WannaB » Tue May 30, 2006 2:05 pm

Wreckless wrote:i was also thinking about a trip over for bola but i cant convince anyone to go with me having non wrestling fan friends really sucks sometimes, still got time to work on them though would be good to be there and see some fellow brits :)

See if you can find any other people making a BOLA trek from the UK and see if you can meet up with them. before you jump the atlantic or once you touch down in the US.

Of the hotels mentioned, the Ramada will probably be the more inexpensive of the lot, but the Hilton is just as good as far as location goes.
WannaB

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum