Hello to all wrestling fans,
As you may or may not know, Bertrand Hébert and myself, Pat Laprade, published a book last month on the history of the Montreal Wrestling territory, Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screw Jobs: The Untold Story of How Montreal Shaped the World of Wrestling.
So far, the book is getting a lot of great reviews.
“It’s really interesting. It brings back great memories. They did a hell of a job, very hard work. They sure did a good job!” – Pat Patterson, former wrestler and WWE executive
“This book is a winner!” – George Shire, Minnesota wrestling historian
“You need to get this book. This is one of the best wrestling books that I’ve ever read. I probably learned more in this book than any other wrestling book,” – Dave Meltzer, founder of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter
“This is the best book ever written on Quebec wrestling,” – Paul Leduc, former wrestler and promoter
“Tremendous book…” – Kevin Steen, ROH World champion
“Once you start reading it, you can’t put it down!” – Réjean Tremblay, Journal de Montréal
“I really enjoy the book…it’s really terrific. I very highly recommend it,” – Todd Martin, Wrestling Observer
“I am beyond impressed with the book…I can’t see how this is not gonna be the winner, if not one of the top contenders, for best book in 2013, because you have everything you want in a wrestling book…” – Mike Johnson, PW Insider
“The end result is very impressive. These guys worked hard and it really shows,” – Rick Martel, former AWA World champion
Here’s a brief summary of what you’ll find in the book:
• Over 200 exclusive pictures covering a 100 years of history
• Biographies on such wrestling legends as the Rougeaus, Mad Dog Vachon, Édouard Carpentier, Little Beaver, Jos & Paul Leduc, Yvon Robert, Dino Bravo, Sky Low Low, Abdullah the Butcher, Gino Brito, Killer Kowalski, Andre the Giant and Rick Martel, as well as current wrestlers such as El Generico and Kevin Steen
• Reviews of the days of Eddie Quinn, the war between All Star Wrestling & Grand Prix, the rise and fall of International Wrestling, the arrival of Hulk Hogan and the WWF and how wrestling evolved on TV
• The complete history of women’s wrestling in Montreal
• Details on some of the saddest pro wrestling tragedies to ever occur in the Montreal territory, including Dino Bravo’s murder
• The most comprehensive and complete history on the world famous 1997 Montreal Screwjob The complete timeline of every title change of the Montreal Athletic Commission title from 1936 to 1987
• The complete history of midget wrestling, including the very first midget wrestling match ever
• Exclusive interviews from: Gino Brito, Billy Two Rivers, Frenchy Martin, Rick Martel, Sunny War Cloud, Sylvain Grenier, Paul Vachon, Raymond Rougeau, Jacques Rougeau Sr, Carl Ouellet, Nelson Veilleux, Jacques Rougeau Jr, Maurice Vachon, Édouard Carpentier, Marc Blondin, Jimmy Garvin, Ronnie Garvin, Luna Vachon, Len Shelley, Gilles Poisson, Abdullah the Butcher, Neil Guay, Joanne Rougeau, Fernand Ste-Marie, Milt Avruskin, Sir Oliver Humperdink, Guy Hauray, Paul Leduc, René Goulet, Jackie Wiecz and Maryse Ouellet
We’ll actually be doing a lot of wrestling conventions in the next few months. Get a copy of the book and get it signed by the authors at the same time.
• Wrestle-Con, New Jersey, April 6-7
• SHIMMER, Berwyn, Illinois, April 13-14
• Cauliflower Alley Club, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 15-17
• Pro Wrestling HOF, Jonestown, NY, May 17-18
• New England HOF & Fanfest, Fairhaven, MA, June 22
• George Tragos/Lou Thesz HOF, Waterloo, Iowa, July 12-13
• Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Legends Fanfest, Charlotte, NC, August 1-4
You can also buy the book through Amazon.com (or any other Amazon for that matter).
You can also find it in some book stores as well.
And remember one thing. What happened in wrestling might just have happened in Montreal first!
Thanks and feel free to give us your comments on the book on our Facebook page at Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screw Jobs, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-Dogs-Midgets-and-Screw-Jobs/305810539537453
You can also add us on Facebook and Twitter under Pat Laprade and Bertrand Hébert
And finally, you can send us an email if you prefer at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at http://www.quebecwrestling.ca