All Star Weekend 9 Takes Place March 22 & 23!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 9 Takes Place March 22 & 23!

Postby luca brasi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

oh yeah another thing... were we trippin or was Octomom in the audience??
luca brasi

Postby notfairtoflair » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 am

"Hey friends.There will be a small change to the show tonight. I feel like 9 matches on the second night of a back to back would be overkill. I don't want a tired crowd by the main event. I was also really upset I couldn't make that Six-Man on N1 happen. So tonight you still get that Face Melting Six-Man Tag when The Unbreakable Fucking Steen Machines take on Inner City Machine Guns/AR Fox!"
notfairtoflair

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Hrm..steen and cage on the same team
Yeah that sounds right!

Should still be a good match but what
about everything that happend last yeae. I
mean Steen said he was going to prison rape
Cage!
ShapeShifter75

Postby toby80 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 pm

I agree 9 matches would have been a little wearing :shock:

Six man tag should be awesome!
toby80

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm torn about who I want to have the belt, Cole needs a longer run but Younger is red-hot right now:

Itchypanda

Postby bennym6 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 pm

luca brasi wrote:fans were chanting "NXT" at him, and he said something like "I was on Smackdown 5 times and RAW once" which got a Booker T "5 Times" chant
Yeah Drake took a nasty trash can shot that busted the back of his head open... pretty sick. That was a pretty sick match.

Who were they chanting NXT at?
bennym6

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:36 pm

I like the improvement, the 6man actually sounds more awesome instead of having 9 matches

ShadowMaster wrote:I mean he's a great wrestler and I thought the match he had with Strong was solid I guess I thought he would impress me more . I'm sure tonight he will have a better match . Real nice guy outside the ring

I agree, I liked the match and I hope he does great with his match tonight though I am worried since it is against Paul London, who had a great match with Steen but I just hope London doesn't take it over the top instead like he has in the past in his other singles matches in PWG

Nasty Nate wrote:He had a chunk of his head missing!? Holy Shit!

I was hoping that was band aid instead :shock:

Also, never thought I'd see staple gun being used in PWG
El Asian

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Night 2 results & pics http://wp.me/p1rVA2-6eA
spawnsyxx9

Postby luca brasi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 am

bennym6 wrote:
luca brasi wrote:fans were chanting "NXT" at him, and he said something like "I was on Smackdown 5 times and RAW once" which got a Booker T "5 Times" chant
Yeah Drake took a nasty trash can shot that busted the back of his head open... pretty sick. That was a pretty sick match.

Who were they chanting NXT at?

Trent
luca brasi

Postby toby80 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:26 am

I'd love to hear the opinions of the people that were there.

What were the highlights of the weekend?

I'm from London so it's kinda difficult for me to go to the shows :cry:
toby80

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:25 am

toby80 wrote:I'd love to hear the opinions of the people that were there.

Dude I'm from Dublin, totally feel your pain!
Colt Banana

Postby toby80 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 am

Colt Banana wrote:
toby80 wrote:I'd love to hear the opinions of the people that were there.

Dude I'm from Dublin, totally feel your pain!

I know right. I'd love to make it to a show someday.

I'm just glad a company like this exists though. PWG rules!
toby80

Postby wrestlemania » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:47 am

star ratings from anyone who went to the show live?
wrestlemania

Postby camstun187 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 am

Really? I was being comical, and in no way meant for you or anybody to be offended by that.

I was just expressing how anxious I was.

I don't live in Cali, I live in MD.
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am

OH, and i smoke too, just FYI, so once again, wasn't meant to be insulting.
camstun187

Postby CreedP » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am

ShadowMaster wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:How did trent? Look?

Honestly to me I wasn't impressed at all but who knows thats just me talking .

I'm with you on that one. Trent's match on night 1 did nothing for me, he had a couple moves but he didn't seem ready for PWG. Night 2 was a little better but the match was really boosted by London's wacky antics. He got a couple "Don't Come Back" chants on Night 1 but he bailed before they could get going. Night 2 he left quickly, so no chants, but the idea was discussed in our section.

Eh, he just doesn't seem ready for PWG yet, maybe if he spends more time focusing on actual wrestling and less time trying to get his 'character' over... He seemed to be more focused on 'sports entertainment' than wrestling, heh.

But the other matches were all just outstanding. Nothing was really bad on either night, just some that were more incredible than others (anything involving Ricochet / Swann / AR Fox etc, heh)

CREED
CreedP

Postby SlayJ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:09 am

wrestlemania wrote:star ratings from anyone who went to the show live?

I can tell you this much, anything involving Chuck Taylor was 5 Stars!
SlayJ

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 am

A few of my favorite highlights:

Night 1:

Paul London taking forever to get to the ring, while leisurely roaming amongst the fans giving high-fives and hugs, a quick bathroom break, thinking about going into the ring, more jostling with the fans then deciding to get in the ring. It's old but funny each time.

During the Eddie Edwards/Jay Lethal match, Eddie Edwards always tags a fan to Irish whip them into his opponent. Jay did the same. He grabbed a young boy and a girl and tried the same thing but took a bump on the ring apron outside, then yelled "What's wrong with you?!?" Original and made us laugh. Also, coming out to his Black Machismo gimmick made everyone pop.

It's been said many times but Younger looked like he had a huge flap of skin hanging out from the back of his head. Really rough if aren't accustomed to his deathmatch style. Fans were cringing but we kept on watching because both Callihan and Younger gave everything.

Expected more from Trent but in Night 1 he never seemed to loosen up and maybe surprised of how the PWG fans are...rowdy but smart. Quietest match of the night. Silence is deadly in the American Legion Hall.

Night 2:

Crowd was hot all night and the matches were the reason. If you are low on funds, I would suggest getting this DVD over Night 1.

6-Man match was incredible. Hats off to Brian Cage, Michael Elgin, Kevin Steen, Ricochet, Rich Swann and AR Fox for doing everything we would want. Crazy bumps, incredible feats of strength, more flips than a Chinese circus-Cirque du Soleil joint production, comedy spots and a race-to-the-finish line ending. Just amazing.

Trent seemed to settle in during Night 2 and had a much better match with Paul London. Some people credit it mainly to London but Trent had moments of greatness. Chants of "Johnny Nitro" towards Trent had people in stitches. Also, dueling challenges via glove slaps were a highlight.

Upset of the weekend, in my opinion, O'Reilly goes over Callihan via submission. I thought a Callihan victory was an after-thought after his great match in Night 1. Pleasantly surprised. I think this match will come off much better on the DVD.

Samuray Del Sol has some great movesets. I definitely want to see more of him in the future.

The Young Bucks can't seem to have a bad match and both nights with them were highly entertaining.

Chuck Taylor demanding five-stars from the fans for his unfinished match = genius.

I'm probably missing quite a bit but it's all a wonderful haze this Sunday afternoon.

Here's my pic of Drake Younger after the match of Night 2. Great heart from this guy. He may be the new "face" of PWG, going forward:

Itchypanda

Postby SlayJ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am

Just got back down to San Diego after having a great couple of days in Reseda! First off, I want to give a HUGE Thank you to everybody that helped make this weekend such a kick-ass AWESOME Birthday for me!! You all have no idea how much I appreciate it (and all of you!). I'd mention you all by name, but I don't want this to read like some overblown Oscar acceptance speech (and hell, you know who you are). So I will just say that you guys (and gals) are the greatest! To all the Wrestlers, thank you for working your asses off for us once again! So many great performances this weekend! Drake Younger especially deserves a mention here as he took one of the sickest beatings I've ever seen, got sent to the hospital, and yet came back the next day to put his all in to his Main Event title match against Adam Cole! Unreal! And on a personal note, after the show he found out that it was my Birthday and he generously gave me a gift out of his own merchandise. I was floored! This guy risked life and limb to entertain us, yet he still went out of his way for a fan like that! Thank you SO MUCH, Drake!!!! You are a class act! And thanks to Richochet as well for the picture!

I'm not gonna go in to a whole lot of detail here...but a few other highlights of the weekend for me...

Richochet & Rich Swann vs Samuray & AR Fox...AMAZING match! Fox and Del Sol made a great first impression! And I'm calling my shot that we'll see the Inner City Machine Guns holding the Tag Titles before the end of 2013!

Two words...FREE BEER! While it does kinda suck getting older, one advantage to having a Birthday is that people are willing to get you liquored up on their dime! So thank you to all my enablers! :mrgreen:

Doing the Mega-Powers Handshake with Jay Lethal during his ring entrance on Night 1. I definitely marked out for that!

Kevin Steen - I'm not sure if it felt weird for Kev to come in to Reseda for the first time in the "Post-Generico" era, but he seemed to be in a genuinely good mood this weekend. I mean, he's always been very cool to me when I've said hello to him, but even more so this time he appeared to really be having fun talking to the fans. And Mr. Steen, I apoligize for trying to start an "O'Chet" chant. My bad, buddy!

Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano vs The Young Bucks...So much fun seeing these two teams go at it! Four of my favorite wrestlers in the world just putting on a show! So glad that Gargano has finally come in!!! And I need to go pub crawling with Chuckie T at some point and be his wing man!

Unfortunately I missed the ring entrances for Sami & Drake on Night 1...but thankfully on Night 2 I kept my "Shoved by Callihan" streak alive as he almost sent me flying ass over tea kettle into the 3rd row when he came out to face Kyle!

The UNbreakable Fucking Steen Machines...Best teamname EVER! And possibly neck and neck with The Fabulous Freebirds as my favorite trio of all time!!! That 6-man tag against Richochet, Swann & Fox was ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!! The spot in the match where all three of the UFSM guys were setting up for the stalling vertical suplex spot and Steen proclaimed they would "hold them up for a long time" was pure gold!

That's enough for now. I'll try to post more stuff later once my brain begins to function half-way normally again.
SlayJ

Postby toby80 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks for the highlights guys!

I'll defo be ordering the DVD :P
toby80

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum