Ten Years

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Ten Years

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Man I can't believe were coming on ten years of PWG, Ive only been going to shows since 09, but Its been a blast every time Ive gone. What are your guys favorite memories of PWG? and what do you think we may see at the tenth anniversary show? Personally I think it would be cool to see some old faces, Karl Anderson, Tozawa, Super Dragon (If he's healthy). And mabey Richochet vs. Davey, Cole vs. either Cage or O'Reilly, and Del Sol vs. elgin... Who knows what they have in store, but one thing Ive learned is PWG always delivers... thank you PWG for keeping my love of wrestling alive and well.
eastbay510

Re: Ten Years

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 pm

It really is mind blowing that PWG is about to hit ten years in July . I have a feeling the 10th anniversary show is gonna be something we haven't seen before which is insane to think about considering how PWG has spoiled us like rotten kids over the past 9 years . I just have my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen between July 2-17 I know thats a gap but I will be in Spain for a wedding and I would drop dead if I were to miss the biggest show . I would love to see Karl Anderson back and I think it would be really cool yet almost impossible to get Joey Ryan, AJ Styles , and Samoa Joe on this card just going off the top of my head .
ShadowMaster

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Seeing some of the old regulars would be extra special, but seems almost impossible. You'd think they could maybe be allowed to just make a special one time appearance for this kind of occasion, but we'll see. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Karl Anderson are all good calls, personally I'd love to see Scott Lost wrestle again, and see Chris Bosh, Human Tornado, Candice LeRae...

I would also love a special mini-site, with match write-ups and maybe some historical facts on PWG throughout the years. PWG X! I cant wait
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I agree about Lost and Bosh return for a 1 night only Arrogance reunion as well as Karl Anderson and Human Tornado but given how TNA is with any company that has shows on DVD, absolutely no way AJ Styles and Samoa Joe could be booked, might as well suggest PWG bring in CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Sara Del Rey, El Generico, Pac, and Tyler Black and as much that would be great, there's no way that'll happen though I could suggest James Gibson and Finlay since they are mostly WWE Road Agents and can take indy bookings and autograph signings but I assume they would also be impossible as well anyways.

Though as well as Anderson, I would like to see PWG bring in Prince Devitt as well as Disco Machine, Topgun Talwar, and TARO, who has been backstage as well lately while Talwar and Disco has been doing some on and off bookings for other indies plus bring back John Ian to do ring announcing for a match at the 10th anniversary show, maybe the main event for that.

Probably won't ever happen and absolutely not feasible it seems but run a show in Frank and Sons since it was the venue that held the 1st ever PWG show but like I said, probably not feasible to do.

Speaking of the 1st ever PWG show, mentioned this already in another topic but, depending if PWG can, post the entire Debut Show on their youtube channel to celebrate 10 years as well as the DVD is out of print anyways.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

I really like that Idea, mabey have Angelo announce all the matches and Jon to do the main event.

I think it would be cool to mabey see one of the hype videos that SD does for the DVD's but with clips of memorable moments throughout PWG's history.

And mabey they could do some kind of comedy multi man match with past talents like Disco, Top Gun, Peter Avalon... Ebassan? I really dont know a lot of guys from the early days of PWG.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:39 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really like that Idea, mabey have Angelo announce all the matches and Jon to do the main event.

I think it would be cool to mabey see one of the hype videos that SD does for the DVD's but with clips of memorable moments throughout PWG's history.

And mabey they could do some kind of comedy multi man match with past talents like Disco, Top Gun, Peter Avalon... Ebassan? I really dont know a lot of guys from the early days of PWG.

Oh and definatly Candice.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Scoprio would be awesome too, pack like a 10-11 match show in and make it a two dvd set. Ten matches for tenth anniversary sounds like a solid idea
PWGnorthern

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Plus, Super Dragon has to appear, HAS TO!!! It wouldn't be the same without him
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I really like that Idea, mabey have Angelo announce all the matches and Jon to do the main event.

I wouldn't mind that, I would love to see Kikutaro return to PWG, its been a long time since he's been in PWG, maybe him and Nosawa can return if they aren't busy, as well as some new talent debut for the 10th anniversary even

And I completely forgot, since they have helped PWG whenever they can but yeah, some Dragon Gate guys, not just Tozawa but maybe a few others like Shingo, CIMA, Ichikawa, and others

Also, probably a stretch but the return of Jack Evans in PWG if possible

PWGnorthern wrote:Plus, Super Dragon has to appear, HAS TO!!! It wouldn't be the same without him

I wouldn't worry, Dragon has hinted that he might be part of the 10th anniversary on Twitter
El Asian

Postby ajday » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:27 am

I know that this would be a long shot, but what about the Necro Butcher?
ajday

Postby NirvanaFanEHW » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 am

PWGnorthern wrote:Plus, Super Dragon has to appear, HAS TO!!! It wouldn't be the same without him

I think he kind of already said he would. On PWG's Twitter (Assuming it's he who runs it) during the ASW 9 announcements said that he wanted to do it, but felt 10 would be more appropriate. May have meant ASW X though. Either way, I agree.

I'm assuming PWG will go "all out" with the show. I'd love to see Alex Shelley back now that he's free from TNA's chains. Also all the old faces like Bosh, Lost, etc. Maybe even Excalibur coming out of retirement for one night.
NirvanaFanEHW

Postby Xlos713 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am

and maybe, with the 10th anniversary show, they can move it to a bigger venue. i think PWG can do a lil better thatn 400 people.
Xlos713

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 am

Xlos713 wrote:and maybe, with the 10th anniversary show, they can move it to a bigger venue. i think PWG can do a lil better thatn 400 people.

I would think this wouldn't be an overly popular idea but hardcore fans that frequently attend shows in Reseda.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
Xlos713 wrote:and maybe, with the 10th anniversary show, they can move it to a bigger venue. i think PWG can do a lil better thatn 400 people.

I would think this wouldn't be an overly popular idea but hardcore fans that frequently attend shows in Reseda.

Yea I agree, reseda is our house.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm

The building used in 2007, thats how I remember it anyway, was abit too cavernous. Reseda fits.
Garden State Saint

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm

I would love to see Necro Butcher back. Just in general. His stints in PWG were always entertaining.
Whoblehwah

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:I would love to see Necro Butcher back. Just in general. His stints in PWG were always entertaining.

Necro v.s Drake would get gnarly
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 am

Necro would probably be a new thing to a good portion of PWG fans as he hasn't been there in awhile.
Garden State Saint

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:43 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

Candice vs ? I need to see Candice in the ring soon
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 am

Also, this is just a personal thing but I really hope PWG doesn't runs the 10th anniversary on July 19, 20, or 21 due to conflict on my end

Souf Centrol wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

Candice vs ? I need to see Candice in the ring soon

Put her against Amazing Kong
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum