Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun May 12, 2013 4:00 am

eastbay510 wrote:I'm not comletly against local talent. When I say local talent I mean guys like Gatson, Cutlers, Ryan Taylor. Honestly I never thought of Super Dragon, Bosh, Lost or any of the older local talent as local talent. I just think the talent pool in California was so much deeper back in the day. If a guy is really good like Cage or Mack then I say bring them in, I am just not that intrested in seeing guys brought in just because they are cheap.


but don't you think cage and mack developed while working in PWG?? i think they did, much the way guys like the young bucks and human tornado did before them. that's what i'm talking about even more so than locals(shit brian cage is from sac), developing talent so they feel like PWG guys more than anything else.

if booking cheaper/local talent allowed PWG to run more a little more often i'd be all for it. we'd still have the DDT4, all star weekend, anniversary, and BOLA shows to stack with top talent.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby El Asian » Sun May 12, 2013 11:42 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:isn't there a bunch of east coast promotions with that same asset?? anyways i agree on the part about booking certain match up while you can, and have no problem with this particular card.

While this is true, I feel not a lot of them are widely exposed compared to PWG is at this point for people to notice them ever happening plus the crowds aren't as good as a PWG crowd when they happen, actually the crowds suck in ROH, CZW, and DGUSA as well

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I'm not comletly against local talent. When I say local talent I mean guys like Gatson, Cutlers, Ryan Taylor. Honestly I never thought of Super Dragon, Bosh, Lost or any of the older local talent as local talent. I just think the talent pool in California was so much deeper back in the day. If a guy is really good like Cage or Mack then I say bring them in, I am just not that intrested in seeing guys brought in just because they are cheap.


but don't you think cage and mack developed while working in PWG?? i think they did, much the way guys like the young bucks and human tornado did before them. that's what i'm talking about even more so than locals(shit brian cage is from sac), developing talent so they feel like PWG guys more than anything else.

if booking cheaper/local talent allowed PWG to run more a little more often i'd be all for it. we'd still have the DDT4, all star weekend, anniversary, and BOLA shows to stack with top talent.

I do agree with both and I really wish PWG brought back Ray Rosas and Peter Avalon as well as Freddy Bravo, Chris Kadillak, LTP and Brandon Gatson get another shot in PWG as well as keeping around Famous B for future appearances though there are local guys that I don't think I'd ever desire to ever see in a PWG ring
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby ajday » Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm

El Asian wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Kinda Bummed not seeing SSB on the card , kinda seems like there lost in the shuffle on the PWG roster . Hopefully we see them soon .

Agreed, them and Willie Mack as well, who has lost his last few matches and isn't booked here

I do wonder if this show will have a title though


Isn't one of SSB injured?
twitter.com/andrewdeyoe
Image
User avatar
ajday
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby Itchypanda » Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 pm

I personally think a local guys vs. flown-in talent should have a thread dedicated to it. This card is fairly much done and if this is truly Sami's sendoff, I'd rather dedicate this thread to wish him luck in his future endeavors. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of who or who not to book but I think this particular card is set, barring any "Card Subject to Change" shenanigans.

I really wish whatever issues that SSB has (I personally think it's only travel issues, I hope AND not personal issues with booking or bookers) would return. They had a lot of momentum and I would hate to see that slip.

Also, the return of Davey Richards is very much welcome, considering the shoot interview he had recently (with Kevin Steen) where he stated that he wasn't sure about his place in professional wrestling aside from 5-star matches. He personally feels that fans don't care about him unless he has a five-star match. I think it's more than that. His in-ring dedication, bull-like mentality is better than most, including Michael Elgin who has a similar attitude. Davey is as much a part of PWG to me, as is Super Dragon, Excalibur, Steen, Generico and Chris Hero (yes, I'm aware two of them have since left but it doesn't warrant forgetting them). He seems to have fun and let loose a bit more in Reseda than other territories.
User avatar
Itchypanda
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby PWG_Dragon » Sun May 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey friends. Rather than watch you guys speculate about this one, I thought I'd get on here and give you some insight on why I book things the way I do, and why you haven't seen some wrestlers back in PWG.

First of all, what do you consider local talent? People who wrestle exclusively in Southern California? I ask because currently Willie Mack, Brian Cage, RockNES Monsters, The Young Bucks, TJP, and Drake Younger are CA wrestlers who are featured regularly on shows in high profile matches. Paul London is from CA. Even Tozawa was a local CA wrestler for a year. Those are also the guys from CA who stood out to me, got over with the crowd, and put on high quality matches consistently. I don't think wrestlers who build their name in PWG have to be from CA. Some of them come from CA some of them come from Canada.

PWG is about match quality. As I've said before, I go with quality over quantity. I have no desire to run more shows, and when I run 10 shows a year I want every single show to be the highest quality from top to bottom. I'd love it if I could do a whole show with nothing but local wrestlers and have shows be considered some of the best in the the country. That's just not realistic. As someone who built their name wrestling in Southern California, I am also rooting for local guys to do great. At the same time I have to be realistic and do what I think is best for every show. I'm not going to book guys just because they are local and less expensive. I don't book guys because they are my friends or because I like them as people. I book guys I think fit in and will eventually be ready to wrestle the best guys in PWG.

I think part of the problem might be that we started using too many local guys at the same time, and maybe people expected all of them to stay. Certain guys eventually hit a wall, and it became hard to push them. I used a lot of the guys as much as possible, in the ways I thought made them stand out and keep match quality on the show high. Unfortunately, most of them weren't ready to be pushed higher on the cards. This doesn't just go for local wrestlers, this goes for anyone I feel doesn't fit in the right way. That also doesn't mean they won't ever be back. They all had potential or I wouldn't have used them in the first place. I was actually thinking about having some guys back for the anniversary show, which may or may not be in July this year due to some scheduling conflicts.

I hope that helps you guys understand things a bit better. I'm always looking for new talent, but I personally feel like this is the best mix of wrestlers/styles we've had in a long time. Don't worry, SSB will be back soon. Oh yeah, the next show isn't titled "JUNE 15" but the match order is how it appears!
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby Itchypanda » Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 am

PWG_Dragon wrote:Hey friends. Rather than watch you guys speculate about this one, I thought I'd get on here and give you some insight on why I book things the way I do, and why you haven't seen some wrestlers back in PWG.

First of all, what do you consider local talent? People who wrestle exclusively in Southern California? I ask because currently Willie Mack, Brian Cage, RockNES Monsters, The Young Bucks, TJP, and Drake Younger are CA wrestlers who are featured regularly on shows in high profile matches. Paul London is from CA. Even Tozawa was a local CA wrestler for a year. Those are also the guys from CA who stood out to me, got over with the crowd, and put on high quality matches consistently. I don't think wrestlers who build their name in PWG have to be from CA. Some of them come from CA some of them come from Canada.

PWG is about match quality. As I've said before, I go with quality over quantity. I have no desire to run more shows, and when I run 10 shows a year I want every single show to be the highest quality from top to bottom. I'd love it if I could do a whole show with nothing but local wrestlers and have shows be considered some of the best in the the country. That's just not realistic. As someone who built their name wrestling in Southern California, I am also rooting for local guys to do great. At the same time I have to be realistic and do what I think is best for every show. I'm not going to book guys just because they are local and less expensive. I don't book guys because they are my friends or because I like them as people. I book guys I think fit in and will eventually be ready to wrestle the best guys in PWG.

I think part of the problem might be that we started using too many local guys at the same time, and maybe people expected all of them to stay. Certain guys eventually hit a wall, and it became hard to push them. I used a lot of the guys as much as possible, in the ways I thought made them stand out and keep match quality on the show high. Unfortunately, most of them weren't ready to be pushed higher on the cards. This doesn't just go for local wrestlers, this goes for anyone I feel doesn't fit in the right way. That also doesn't mean they won't ever be back. They all had potential or I wouldn't have used them in the first place. I was actually thinking about having some guys back for the anniversary show, which may or may not be in July this year due to some scheduling conflicts.

I hope that helps you guys understand things a bit better. I'm always looking for new talent, but I personally feel like this is the best mix of wrestlers/styles we've had in a long time. Don't worry, SSB will be back soon. Oh yeah, the next show isn't titled "JUNE 15" but the match order is how it appears!


Wow! Thank you for this insight, Super Dragon! Much appreciated.
User avatar
Itchypanda
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby ajday » Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 pm

PWG_Dragon wrote:Oh yeah, the next show isn't titled "JUNE 15" but the match order is how it appears!


I laugh at this. Glad to see humor coming from SD acknowledging the title to the show.
twitter.com/andrewdeyoe
Image
User avatar
ajday
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby toby80 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Your feedback is much appreciated Super Dragon!

I agree that the best talent should be used (when possible) whether they're local guys or not.

Us fans hugely appreciate everything you, Excalibur and all the wrestlers do to make PWG so awesome!
toby80
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby El Asian » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Super Dragon raises great points and I agree, he does know what he's doing since he is the promoter and all, it really should be about quality over quantity when it comes to talent being brought in, I mean I do agree that there guys that I rather see being flown in than people who work locally instead but yeah, glad Dragon posted letting everyone know what is going down
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

I have never lost sleep on not seeing Famous B , Ryan Taylor , B-Boy , Peter Avalon among others they are great wrestlers but the reason PWG stands out as being one of the top Indy Promotions if not the best in the world is the fast that they bring in the best talent around . I don't wanna see more shows I like the schedule the way it is and I believe having more shows would be a bad idea . Super Dragon knows what he's doing and I don't think anyone should question that .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 am

El Asian wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:isn't there a bunch of east coast promotions with that same asset?? anyways i agree on the part about booking certain match up while you can, and have no problem with this particular card.

While this is true, I feel not a lot of them are widely exposed compared to PWG is at this point for people to notice them ever happening plus the crowds aren't as good as a PWG crowd when they happen, actually the crowds suck in ROH, CZW, and DGUSA as well

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I'm not comletly against local talent. When I say local talent I mean guys like Gatson, Cutlers, Ryan Taylor. Honestly I never thought of Super Dragon, Bosh, Lost or any of the older local talent as local talent. I just think the talent pool in California was so much deeper back in the day. If a guy is really good like Cage or Mack then I say bring them in, I am just not that intrested in seeing guys brought in just because they are cheap.


but don't you think cage and mack developed while working in PWG?? i think they did, much the way guys like the young bucks and human tornado did before them. that's what i'm talking about even more so than locals(shit brian cage is from sac), developing talent so they feel like PWG guys more than anything else.

if booking cheaper/local talent allowed PWG to run more a little more often i'd be all for it. we'd still have the DDT4, all star weekend, anniversary, and BOLA shows to stack with top talent.

I do agree with both and I really wish PWG brought back Ray Rosas and Peter Avalon as well as Freddy Bravo, Chris Kadillak, LTP and Brandon Gatson get another shot in PWG as well as keeping around Famous B for future appearances though there are local guys that I don't think I'd ever desire to ever see in a PWG ring


The crowd does not make the show. Good wrestling makes the show. Also how can you say that CZW, ROH and DGUSA crowd suck? This is just not true man. There are assholes and great fans in every crowd, including PWG.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby El Asian » Tue May 14, 2013 11:28 am

Its not because the drunk assholes, that can be expected in pro wrestling in general but its the fact they sit on their asses and don't even react is my issue with ROH, DGUSA and especially CZW crowds lately
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm

CZW crowds have been miserable for years. Some of the worst crowds I've ever seen; they react to nothing but blood now. I've seen them chant boring when a match has gone less than thirty seconds! Anyway, Dragon said he's been thinking about bringing some guys back for the anniversary show. I'm intrigued-I wonder who he means...
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Just a quick reminder to everyone waiting on tickets: Clearing your browser cache (Shift-F5/Refresh) works wonders. Tickets will be available on the Tickets Page in about 10 minutes.
User avatar
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA

Re: Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale

Postby loserkings007 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Dang it was still 8:01 and front row is sold out.

BOLA was the only show last year I didn't get front row, better get there early as always!
User avatar
loserkings007
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:38 pm

loserkings007 wrote:Dang it was still 8:01 and front row is sold out.

BOLA was the only show last year I didn't get front row, better get there early as always!


It was 8:01pm for me too, and I wasn't able to get tickets either...

If anybody has 2 extra tickets... Hit me up
The Franchise13
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Re: Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Thank you, Dragon
Image
Thank you so much

Show is gonna be Mystery Vortex 2, though - calling it right now
User avatar
Super Dragon Mark
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 pm

El Asian wrote:Its not because the drunk assholes, that can be expected in pro wrestling in general but its the fact they sit on their asses and don't even react is my issue with ROH, DGUSA and especially CZW crowds lately


What do you want them to react to? Do you know how spoiled east coast fans are by great wrestling? Think about it, they've been enjoying good wrestling since the early ECW days. They literally have seen it all, so yes they are not easily impressed. PWG fans demand good product too and come to see the best wrestling on the west coast but trust me its a lot easier to impress PWG fans. I even think sometimes fans in PWG over react.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 pm

PWG_Dragon wrote:Hey friends. Rather than watch you guys speculate about this one, I thought I'd get on here and give you some insight on why I book things the way I do, and why you haven't seen some wrestlers back in PWG.


i think it's awesome that you'd even take the time to do that. thank you.

First of all, what do you consider local talent? People who wrestle exclusively in Southern California? I ask because currently Willie Mack, Brian Cage, RockNES Monsters, The Young Bucks, TJP, and Drake Younger are CA wrestlers who are featured regularly on shows in high profile matches. Paul London is from CA. Even Tozawa was a local CA wrestler for a year. Those are also the guys from CA who stood out to me, got over with the crowd, and put on high quality matches consistently. I don't think wrestlers who build their name in PWG have to be from CA. Some of them come from CA some of them come from Canada.


i pretty much consider any of the wrestlers who are most known for their work in the socal area to be local talent. all of the guys you listed xcept drake(who is awesome and i'm very happy was brought in).

PWG is about match quality. As I've said before, I go with quality over quantity. I have no desire to run more shows, and when I run 10 shows a year I want every single show to be the highest quality from top to bottom. I'd love it if I could do a whole show with nothing but local wrestlers and have shows be considered some of the best in the the country. That's just not realistic. As someone who built their name wrestling in Southern California, I am also rooting for local guys to do great. At the same time I have to be realistic and do what I think is best for every show. I'm not going to book guys just because they are local and less expensive. I don't book guys because they are my friends or because I like them as people. I book guys I think fit in and will eventually be ready to wrestle the best guys in PWG.


i respect that. i would also be happy if you guys ran a 3 star show between the 5 star shows. i'm easy to please.

I think part of the problem might be that we started using too many local guys at the same time, and maybe people expected all of them to stay. Certain guys eventually hit a wall, and it became hard to push them. I used a lot of the guys as much as possible, in the ways I thought made them stand out and keep match quality on the show high. Unfortunately, most of them weren't ready to be pushed higher on the cards. This doesn't just go for local wrestlers, this goes for anyone I feel doesn't fit in the right way. That also doesn't mean they won't ever be back. They all had potential or I wouldn't have used them in the first place. I was actually thinking about having some guys back for the anniversary show, which may or may not be in July this year due to some scheduling conflicts.

I hope that helps you guys understand things a bit better. I'm always looking for new talent, but I personally feel like this is the best mix of wrestlers/styles we've had in a long time. Don't worry, SSB will be back soon. Oh yeah, the next show isn't titled "JUNE 15" but the match order is how it appears!


it does, thanks again.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I have never lost sleep on not seeing Famous B , Ryan Taylor , B-Boy , Peter Avalon among others they are great wrestlers but the reason PWG stands out as being one of the top Indy Promotions if not the best in the world is the fast that they bring in the best talent around . I don't wanna see more shows I like the schedule the way it is and I believe having more shows would be a bad idea . Super Dragon knows what he's doing and I don't think anyone should question that .


i don't think anyone has.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jdrouskirsh, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests