Samuray Del Sol to WWE?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Samuray Del Sol to WWE?

Postby CreedP » Mon May 27, 2013 7:27 am

I just read this on a website:

"WWE has reportedly signed Samuray del Sol to a developmental deal. His deal is said to be very lucrative and valued at $1 million a year.
Samurai reportedly left a great impression on WWE officials at their try-outs and resoundingly passed all his medical examinations for the promotion. He is going to be moving to Florida to join WWE NXT in the coming months."

Argh, and here I was hoping Samuray could help fill the void left by Generico leaving, that guy we can cheer for, he had an easy chant, he's got great moves and incredible athleticism... true, he could be the next Mysterio, but dammit I was hoping to see him around PWG for a while first!

Hopefully this won't change the June 15th match....

CREED
CreedP

Re: Samuray Del Sol to WWE?

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 am

CreedP wrote:I just read this on a website:

"WWE has reportedly signed Samuray del Sol to a developmental deal. His deal is said to be very lucrative and valued at $1 million a year.
Samurai reportedly left a great impression on WWE officials at their try-outs and resoundingly passed all his medical examinations for the promotion. He is going to be moving to Florida to join WWE NXT in the coming months."

Argh, and here I was hoping Samuray could help fill the void left by Generico leaving, that guy we can cheer for, he had an easy chant, he's got great moves and incredible athleticism... true, he could be the next Mysterio, but dammit I was hoping to see him around PWG for a while first!

Hopefully this won't change the June 15th match....

CREED

I liked how they used Samuray and Samurai. 8)
Garden State Saint

Postby luca brasi » Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm

million a year? Does anyone in WWE make money like that that not named Cena, Undertaker, or HHH?
luca brasi

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue May 28, 2013 2:34 pm

CreedP wrote:I just read this on a website:

Uh-huh...

On a side note, I heard Shaun Ricker has also been signed. Good luck to him if it's true. And I hope Brian Cage gets another shot too.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby NirvanaFanEHW » Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Del Sol is rumored to sign every 6 months. And every time he's reported to sign, a picture of him with a WWE contract from a tryout camp in 2011 pops up and all of a sudden "ZOMG ITS TRUE SAMURAI DEL SOUL IS GOIN 2 DA WWE".

From what I can find, this story originated from SuperLuchas, which has a history of bullshit reports. Although for what it's worth, Resistance Pro congratulated him on Twitter, and in Gabe's latest WNN email update he said that "The rumors surrounding Samuray Del Sol will be addressed in the next uodate". Sounds to me like his appearance at the next PWG show could be his last. Either way, I really hope WWE keeps him in a mask, preferably his current one, or a modifed version because (a) I don't want to see him unmasked. Seeing Sami Zayn ruined his Generico era matches for me to an extent and I don't want that to happen with SDS, and, (b) That mask looks amazing. Could be a big seller with the kids. It's one I personally would love to get my hands on.
NirvanaFanEHW

Postby stormcradledriver » Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 pm

I am hoping Del Sol can stick around long enough for either a singles match with Elgin or a tag with him and Fox against SSB. At the very least, I would like to think Del Sol & Fox vs. Young Bucks will be good to go for June 15th.
stormcradledriver

Postby bennym6 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 am

I heard that he was getting signed two months ago. Same with Sami. Congrats too both of them.
bennym6

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum