Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:00 pm

eastbay510 wrote:My point was there were a lot of guys that had a lot of potential and never made anything out of it, guys who's names you would hear a lot and then just seemingly fell off the face of the earth.

To me this is totally Erick Stevens.
Garden State Saint

Postby toby80 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 pm

What matches does everyone think we might see at the next show?

Cole vs. O'Reilly would be cool. Kyle's on a tear, and they have excellent chemistry. Plus PWG would let them go all out.

Hopefully SSB and the Guns will return. Ricochet & Swann v any of DojoBros, Gargano & Taylor and the Machines would be ace.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of AR Fox. He's really impressed thus far.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Considering the last two matches he's had, I'd have to think O'Reilly gets a title shot at the next show. Beating Sami Callihan a night after the end of Sami and Drake's series, and then beating a former champ who never lost the belt in the ring has to put you up there. Also, let's face it, Cole and O'Reilly aren't teaming as Future Shock anywhere else anymore, and have a history of feuding in almost every promotion they've both been in. Also speaking of that, I wouldn't be surprised if O'Reilly and Davey start teaming together in PWG. After all, Davey hasn't been teaming with Eddie in PWG since the DojoBros started, and if Future Shock breaks up, Kyle may not have anything better to do. As far as the remainder of this year goes, I'm hoping for an anniversary show with a Cole/O'Reilly main event, Drake winning BOLA on those late August dates, a filler show in October and then Drake/Cole as the main event of the December closer.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Oh, just thought of this-anyone else wanna see Mystery Vortex become an annual thing? I'd like for the year ending show to be another one with the Drake/Cole main. That would be sweet.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Oh, just thought of this-anyone else wanna see Mystery Vortex become an annual thing? I'd like for the year ending show to be another one with the Drake/Cole main. That would be sweet.

It would definetly be cool if PWG can book a strong enough main event again this year to sell the show with nothing else beneath it promoted. I wonder if PWG brass has considered this.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Oh, just thought of this-anyone else wanna see Mystery Vortex become an annual thing? I'd like for the year ending show to be another one with the Drake/Cole main. That would be sweet.

It would definetly be cool if PWG can book a strong enough main event again this year to sell the show with nothing else beneath it promoted. I wonder if PWG brass has considered this.

I love this idea, but I agree, the main event should be promoted. And it dosen't even have to be an annual thing, just pop up every once in a while like All Star Weekend.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm already looking forward to this year's BOLA. Who do you guys think is in with a chance of winning? Personally I think it should be an up-and-comer, or someone on the cusp of greatness. Kyle O'Reilly would be cool, although I'd be happy for the likes of Michael Elgin or Ricochet.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Still thinking Drake takes it on the way to another title shot. O'Reilly should get the next shot after beating Sami and Davey in a row, especially considering neither victory was on a fluke roll up or anything. Elgin or Ricochet would be excellent choices to, and you could say they need the win more than Drake. Dark horse?-Steen. After all, he's never gotten a rematch with Cole, and he's never won a BOLA either.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm wondering if the Anniversary show is gonna be the August 9th show or the double header on August 30 and 31st ?
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm

I'd say August 9th; the only two-day anniversary show PWG has done was way back in 2005, for the second anniversary. Besides, August 9th will only be two weeks later than the actual anniversary date.
pwggrodd

Postby El Generico Mark » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:33 pm

I think august 9th is the anniversary show and the double header is BOLA
El Generico Mark

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 am

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:

I love this idea, but I agree, the main event should be promoted. And it dosen't even have to be an annual thing, just pop up every once in a while like All Star Weekend.

I like the idea of making it an annual thing... Every year, the first show after BOLA (or whenever the first show the champion or BOLA winner is able to appear in the event one or both unavailable for the show right after BOLA), have the BOLA winner vs. the champion as the only announced match with the rest of the card being a mystery... still announce who's going to be there (although throw in one or two surprise appearances), but don't announce any matches in advance
jdrouskirsh

Postby ajday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:44 am

Anyone know when the guys across the top of the home page were updated?
ajday

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am

ajday wrote:Anyone know when the guys across the top of the home page were updated?

I'm pretty sure it was updated on Monday when I checked, so I think over the weekend some time.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

Anybody else think it's kinda weird Nick and Matt's pictures aren't right next to each other? Also, they need to remove Sami from the roster page-and Ryan Taylor, unless he comes back soon or something.
pwggrodd

Postby hey333 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:56 am

Can anyone confirm the Aug 30th and 31st shows? I really want to fly out for the shows from Cleveland. Have to book flights soon.
hey333

Postby CreedP » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:50 am

That came straight from Excalibur at the last show, so I don't know what more of a confirmation you can get than that.... :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby luca brasi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Anybody else think it's kinda weird Nick and Matt's pictures aren't right next to each other? Also, they need to remove Sami from the roster page-and Ryan Taylor, unless he comes back soon or something.

Ryan Taylor's not out... they just haven't had a spot for him on the last few shows. I would expect to see him on at least one or two of the August shows.
luca brasi

Postby El Asian » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:50 pm

CreedP wrote:That came straight from Excalibur at the last show, so I don't know what more of a confirmation you can get than that.... :)

CREED

And for more confirmation, it is official that August 30 and 31 will be BOLA while August 9 will be Ten
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Cannot wait for these shows :mrgreen:
toby80

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum