2013 Battle of Los Angeles - August 30 & 31! TICKETS ON SALE

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2013 Battle of Los Angeles - August 30 & 31! TICKETS ON

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 am

Not sure if any of the wrestlers read the boards, but almost all the fans realized it was a scary incident for everyone in the house RE: Cage's non-participation and lack of equilibrium for a about 5-10 minutes after his drop. I'll never forget the look after Tomasso's face after the match. He looked so guilt-ridden and hurt. If Tomasso is reading this, we know it was it was a mistake. Cage did the right thing and didn't punch out a receipt during the match. It was an amazing match despite the botch and I hope you come back today with the same fire you came into the ring with last night. There are good things and bad things about being smart marks but at least the PWG crowd recognizes talent and can forgive fairly easily...unless your drunk and interfere with the match, of course.
Itchypanda

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 am

Tomasso's response after I tweeted him the same message I wrote in the boards:

@Itchyypanda this is why the Reseda fans are considered the best in the world. Thank you. This means a lot to me.

I hope he didn't lose any confidence and comes out roaring tonight.
Itchypanda

Postby Nasty Nate » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:29 pm

pwinsider said William Regal is there scouting talent tonight
Nasty Nate

Postby toby80 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:39 am

Wow congrats to Kyle O'Reilly. What a huge win for him!

How was the weekend for those that were there?
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 am

I'm really tired so I'm just gonna give a couple thoughts on the weekend.

Night one was good but nothing amazing, the injuries really hurt the crowd, nothing I want to go into great detail about.

Night two was awesome, three amazing matches, and everything else was really good. The mvp of BOLA was Gargano, he had a great match with Elgin an a potential match of the year contender with Steen, they pulled off some amazing shit. But my favorite match of the tournament was ACH vs O'Reilly, holy shit this was amazing, seriously this was worth the price of admission alone.

I haven't been to PWG in a while but its crazy how over kyle has gotten, he looked like a huge star all weekend, definitely worthy of winning the whole thing. Other then Kyle, gargano, and ACH, I was also really impressed with Ciampa and trent looked great.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 am

Wow this is the first time my BoLA pick actually won! Congrats Kyle!
OSKMIA

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 am

Itchypanda wrote:Tomasso's response after I tweeted him the same message I wrote in the boards:

@Itchyypanda this is why the Reseda fans are considered the best in the world. Thank you. This means a lot to me.

I hope he didn't lose any confidence and comes out roaring tonight.

Completely agree with what you had to say. Really glad Tomasso respond like. Hope to see the guy back again, loved his energy. It was definitely scary Friday, but accidents happen and he is not to blame.

I thought Friday's show was good but not as great as other PWG shows this year. With that said, I thought Night Two was our PWG Show of the Year. Stellar show all around. Everyone showed 110%. Little disappointed not to see TJP the second night. Gargano/Steen I thought was the match of the weekend. ACH/O'Reilly was pretty awesome as well.
loserkings007

Postby do0shebag55 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 am

Amazing Shows this weekend... BOLA N2 easily is my show of the year so far. Some props and slops.

Props:

Everyone who came out early to hang out early N2 to hang out in line and play Cards Against Humanity. Made the wait very bearable in in the triple digit heat.

The New York crew for again flying out and being awesome people.

@aliciaway and her crew for being very sweet. Watch out for Britney (sp?) during the Young Bucks introductions for night 2.

@charliesaxton Sorry again about your beer... But hey you won the take home a Young Buck contest from BOLA N2!

@JohnnyGargano came through as one of the shining stars last night! He absolutely killed it with Steen and Elgin!

@ROHMichaelElgin for being the new Generico in that he's in every Freak'n match of the night for PWG. He brings out the best in seemingly everyone he wrestles

And finally @ROHOreilly for putting it all out there every match and winning the whole damn thing. You deserved it and thanks for winning me some more money in the process!

Slops:

The one asshole on Night 1 barking during a match and the different asshole on Night 2 for trying to shit on the Elgin v OReilly finale. The shows are not about you, don't fucking try to get yourself over by being a dick and ruining the amazing work all the boys did in putting on one of the best weekends of wrestling anywhere.

Everyone who's posting videos on vine...

Remember kids, support PWG, buy the DVDs, support INDY Wrestling!
do0shebag55

Postby toby80 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Night 2 sounds epic. Can't wait to watch it.

I'm baffled by Steen siding with Cole and the Bucks. How did the crowd react?
toby80

Postby eldink » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 pm

the crowd was going crazy for everything before the steen turn that the reaction was kind of lost.....the whole night was just one constant crowd reaction...just an awesome event
eldink

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:50 pm

DVD preordered! Can't wait!!!
abouttreefitty350

Postby Ray Deathray » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Definitely a must-see BOLA. As for the show itself, DDT4 is still my personal favorite, but I think a lot of people will put BOLA N2 above it as the best show of the year so far. N1 was solid and fun with just a bit of a lower turnout (i.e. everyone was able to get a seat). Packed house for N2 and the show started at 8:30 which I think was one of the reasons the energy kept rolling pretty much nonstop till the show ended a little after midnight. Killer match after killer match after killer match. I can't recall any other tournament that had so much momentum. Amazing.
Ray Deathray

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:17 pm

This past weekend is just another reminded to me why no other indy promotion can do what PWG can do and what transpired last night the next show cant come soon enough . I really hope ACH and Ciampa are back in a PWG ring soon and also Trent? his match with Kyle on Night One was insane and had a great match again on Night Two I think he turned some haters into fans after this weekend . The new stable of Mount Rushmore of Wrestling is gonna be something real special and I think something huge is gonna happen at the end of the year show .
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Glad things worked for Ciampa, I do look forward to seeing him back in the future, maybe he was just a bit too excited to get the opportunity to work PWG though you couldn't blame him

Also, footage of end of night 2

El Asian

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:This past weekend is just another reminded to me why no other indy promotion can do what PWG can do and what transpired last night the next show cant come soon enough . I really hope ACH and Ciampa are back in a PWG ring soon and also Trent? his match with Kyle on Night One was insane and had a great match again on Night Two I think he turned some haters into fans after this weekend . The new stable of Mount Rushmore of Wrestling is gonna be something real special and I think something huge is gonna happen at the end of the year show .

Super Dragon returns to battle Steen and Mount Rushmore?
rohgenextfan

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Steen vs Drake is obvious. As is Cole vs Kyle. However, where do Joey, Candice and The Youngbucks stand in all of this? For the Youngbucks, there are the RockNES Monsters (unless they turned heel), Inner City Machine Guns, Unbreakable FN Machines, Dojo Bros. PP Ray, (Avalon and Rosas) and Super Smash Bros. Any of the aforementioned teams can dethrone The 'Bucks, however I don't see where Candice and Joey fit into this. Did Joey Ryan turn babyface when he attacked Cole, or is he still a heel? Candice/Joey vs The Youngbucks? There's Knox as well. Hm, interesting booking PWG.

Have Mount Rushmore run roughshod over PWG only for Dragon to turn the tide to PWG's favor.
rohgenextfan

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Okay, last one for now. Just thought of this. What if Candice started coming out wearing the Generico mask to piss Steen off?
rohgenextfan

Postby toby80 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 am

Haha awesome promo. If they make a Mount Rushmore tee I'll definitely be buying one. The one thing I would say about the faction is that I hope Steen doesn't overshadow the others too much. They should be equals rather than have Steen as the leader. Should be a helluva lotta fun though :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:02 am

toby80 wrote:Haha awesome promo. If they make a Mount Rushmore tee I'll definitely be buying one. The one thing I would say about the faction is that I hope Steen doesn't overshadow the others too much. They should be equals rather than have Steen as the leader. Should be a helluva lotta fun though :mrgreen:

I agree, the main focus should be on Cole and O'Reilly.
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:29 am

rohgenextfan wrote:Steen vs Drake is obvious. As is Cole vs Kyle. However, where do Joey, Candice and The Youngbucks stand in all of this? For the Youngbucks, there are the RockNES Monsters (unless they turned heel), Inner City Machine Guns, Unbreakable FN Machines, Dojo Bros. PP Ray, (Avalon and Rosas) and Super Smash Bros. Any of the aforementioned teams can dethrone The 'Bucks, however I don't see where Candice and Joey fit into this. Did Joey Ryan turn babyface when he attacked Cole, or is he still a heel? Candice/Joey vs The Youngbucks? There's Knox as well. Hm, interesting booking PWG.

Have Mount Rushmore run roughshod over PWG only for Dragon to turn the tide to PWG's favor.

Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas?!? I'm a fan of both but having them beat the Young Bucks might cause a riot in PWG. Plus, I doubt they'll get booked over the other teams mentioned. I hope Uno's shoulder is healing up and they get their work visas, in order, to return. I'm fine with the other teams, even RockNES (but their momentum is basically dead at this point, still great work rate). Inner City Machine Guns gets my vote because they bring the PWG "party" atmosphere and I think Ricochet won't be long in the indy scene soon.
Itchypanda

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum