Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 pm

El Asian wrote:I'm gonna cast doubt on seeing Richards and Edwards for DDT4 depending when the WWE decides to call them up, hopefully one last run of the American Wolves happen somewhere down the line in PWG. As for the suggestions of the Beaver Boys, Monster Mafia, and Bobby Fish, kinda not feeling it quite yet with those guys, mostly out of biased I rather see Osirian Portal (Amasis and Ophidian) or Sumarian Death Squad (Tommy End and Michael Dante) over them or just use PPRay or RockNES Monsters have a spot in BOLA instead of flying more guys out instead. As for the number of guys, 8 is usually find, it would nice to see 12 or 16 guys for DDT4 but 8 is enough for PWG and it is probably for costs.

I really like The Sumarian Death Squad, but I don't see PWG flying them from Holland, and I see why people like The Osirian Portal, while I like them character wise I think The Beaver Boys have been far better in the ring in CZW. Beaver Boys vs 4 LOKO (Azriel and Bandito Jr.) from New Heights was one of the best matches from this summer. I like Alex Reynolds a lot, but I think John Silver is a fantastic wrestler and his crazyness will get over with the PWG fans, the dude stole the show almost every night in Chikaras dying days (I think most Chikara fans know his alter ego).

As far as the Monster Mafia goes they just beat The Young Bucks for the tag titles in IWL I believe, so they will be back in Cali anyway.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:07 am

You have a point there especially concerning the Sumerian Death Squad and I agree that Reynolds and Silver have potential and I can see PWG booking them in the future but the reason I am more biased towards bringing in the Osirian Portal over them is because I think that not only they teamed probably longer as far as I know but the fact they do have a gimmick that could stand out really well for the Reseda crowd as well as familiarity working with guys like Gargano and Chuck as well as the Bucks among others

I will agree that Monster Mafia can probably get a shot in PWG in the future as long as they are available working IWL though
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am

El Asian wrote:You have a point there especially concerning the Sumerian Death Squad and I agree that Reynolds and Silver have potential and I can see PWG booking them in the future but the reason I am more biased towards bringing in the Osirian Portal over them is because I think that not only they teamed probably longer as far as I know but the fact they do have a gimmick that could stand out really well for the Reseda crowd as well as familiarity working with guys like Gargano and Chuck as well as the Bucks among others

I will agree that Monster Mafia can probably get a shot in PWG in the future as long as they are available working IWL though

Don't get me wrong I like the Osirian Portal, and if they came you wouldn't hear me complain, and they would get over without a doubt. I just feel like both The Monster Mafia and Beaver Boys have a much higher celing, both as teams and as singles guys.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:09 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:You have a point there especially concerning the Sumerian Death Squad and I agree that Reynolds and Silver have potential and I can see PWG booking them in the future but the reason I am more biased towards bringing in the Osirian Portal over them is because I think that not only they teamed probably longer as far as I know but the fact they do have a gimmick that could stand out really well for the Reseda crowd as well as familiarity working with guys like Gargano and Chuck as well as the Bucks among others

I will agree that Monster Mafia can probably get a shot in PWG in the future as long as they are available working IWL though

Don't get me wrong I like the Osirian Portal, and if they came you wouldn't hear me complain, and they would get over without a doubt. I just feel like both The Monster Mafia and Beaver Boys have a much higher celing, both as teams and as singles guys.

I disagree that Monster Mafia and Beaver Boys have a higher ceiling as they are still not well established as a team or singles guys and a lot more unknown than Osirian Portal and something about the name Beaver Boys doesn't exactly sound appealing for a wrestling name plus Osirian Portal are booked more elsewhere and still popular due that old CZW clip that went viral years back
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Put me in the camp that wants to see The Osirian Portal come in first. Nothing against the other two teams, especially Silver & Reynolds but the Osirian Portal should have been in sometime ago.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby bennym6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:32 am

Aside from Kenny Omega and Tozawa making returns. I'm fine with the roster staying like it is for the next while.
Image
User avatar
bennym6
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Put me in the camp that wants to see The Osirian Portal come in first. Nothing against the other two teams, especially Silver & Reynolds but the Osirian Portal should have been in sometime ago.

I have heard Quack is generally strict with having his guys getting booked elsewhere, probably why it took awhile for Osirian Portal getting booked plus Amasis's injury as well

bennym6 wrote:Aside from Kenny Omega and Tozawa making returns. I'm fine with the roster staying like it is for the next while.

I completely agree with this though it depends how long this roster stay as it is because you have the WWE looking at indies now for future talent, PWG especially as BOLA night 2 proved, however the more PWG loses guys, it gives opportunities to new guys to shine
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Honestly, as many guys as I myself have suggested here, I'd be okay with the roster staying stable as well. I do, however, think it would behoove PWG to at least consider giving some of the California locals they've had before another shot. They've already brought Avalon and Rosas back, but Famous B hasn't been seen in over a year, Chris Kadillak for even longer, and Freddy Bravo only got one shot, and it was in a 6-Man where he barely got any of his shit in (all apologies to Brian Cage).
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm

And, I forgot Timothy Thatcher. He'd be something new for PWG I think.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 am

I think some fans forget that PWG isn't a charity for California Independent wrestlers they don't have to bring in local talent for every show . The local that do get to wrestler for PWG deserve to wrestle for PWG that's why you see Brian Cage , RockNES Monsters , TJP , Candice and Drake I say Drake cause he lives up North now . That's plenty of local talent for a show I for one am glad to see Ray Rosas back but the reason PWG is the best Independent promotion is because they bring in the best talent in the world to wrestle for them . Famous B , Chris Kadillak , Frankie Bravo as well as other California talent to me and i'm not speaking for PWG don't deserve to take a spot from somebody else on the roster especially the regular roster that they fly in from everywhere around the world . Just my 2 cents .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Why didn't Tozawa ever sing in PWG?
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby RobGrayson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 am

I'm watching PWG Ten for the first time now, did Ryan Taylor just punch some fan in the face for touching Candace LaRae?
From Parts Unknown - Wrestling Reviews and Discussion - http://www.facebook.com/PartsUnknownFanPage
RobGrayson
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby RobGrayson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 am

Nevermind, it was Scott Lost
From Parts Unknown - Wrestling Reviews and Discussion - http://www.facebook.com/PartsUnknownFanPage
RobGrayson
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

TJP should be in a tag.

With AR Fox.

ARTJ will be their name.

Yea.
User avatar
Super Dragon Mark
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 am

Brian Cage needs to slim down, I know he is all about body building, but he is just to damn big. What makes him so great is he is a big dude who is quick on his feet and can fly, his match with Elgin at last years BOLA is a perfect example of that. Reciently since he put on all that mass he has really slowed down and cut out all the flying. He is so big that Anthony Nese couldn't get him in a leglock at TEN. I love Cage but in my opinion he is becoming Scott Steiner.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 am

eastbay510 wrote:Brian Cage needs to slim down, I know he is all about body building, but he is just to damn big. What makes him so great is he is a big dude who is quick on his feet and can fly, his match with Elgin at last years BOLA is a perfect example of that. Reciently since he put on all that mass he has really slowed down and cut out all the flying. He is so big that Anthony Nese couldn't get him in a leglock at TEN. I love Cage but in my opinion he is becoming Scott Steiner.


I agree. It's really starting to hurt his ring work. I'm a big fan, so I feel bad saying so, but he'll need to slim down if he wants to hang with the best.
toby80
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:TJP should be in a tag.

With AR Fox.

ARTJ will be their name.

Yea.

Would be nice but won't happen in awhile with TJ in TNA now, I know his last PWG appearance that he was already in TNA but he was most likely booked before he signed an official deal with them

Garden State Saint wrote:Why didn't Tozawa ever sing in PWG?

Because Tozawa isn't a singer, he's a wrestler and PWG is place to wrestle, most of the time
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Random comment-I wonder if PWG had any long term plans for the AR Fox/Samuray del Sol team? After all, they only wrestled twice, but their opponents were the ICMGs and the Bucks. I feel like Samuray del Sol was such a missed opportunity for PWG. If only he could've been brought in in 2011/12.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Generico Mark » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 am

Super Smash Brothers.... Never Forget ;(
User avatar
El Generico Mark
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:08 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Random comment-I wonder if PWG had any long term plans for the AR Fox/Samuray del Sol team? After all, they only wrestled twice, but their opponents were the ICMGs and the Bucks. I feel like Samuray del Sol was such a missed opportunity for PWG. If only he could've been brought in in 2011/12.


Considering they were originally on opposite sides of a 6-man, then got put together when the match changed, I don't think so.
User avatar
Super Dragon Mark
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest