Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Generico Mark » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Hero/Ryan vs the Young Bucks should be a match

Please, PWG God, hear my prayer

Holy shit that would be awesome
El Generico Mark

Postby toby80 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Who would you guys most like to see end Adam Cole's World title reign?

My pick would be Ricochet. He's paid his dues and has improved in leaps and bounds over the years.

It would be great to see him given a truly special moment before he moves on to bigger and better things, as he surely will.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Kyle O'Reilly seems like the direction they're going in, and I'd back that the most, but Ricochet wouldn't be bad. Neither would Drake.
pwggrodd

Postby MidgetAssassin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I'd like to see Roddy do it. The fact that he hasn't had a world title reign is a travesty in my opinion.
MidgetAssassin

Postby El Generico Mark » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:03 am

i'd like to see roddy win he deserves something
El Generico Mark

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Willie Mack's gotta be champ some day.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

MidgetAssassin wrote:I'd like to see Roddy do it. The fact that he hasn't had a world title reign is a travesty in my opinion.

Either that or a BOLA win.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Willie Mack's gotta be champ some day.

I think him getting dropped from the roster is more realistic at this point.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Anybody else thinking Candice debut with TNA tonight?
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Willie Mack's gotta be champ some day.

I think him getting dropped from the roster is more realistic at this point.

I hope not, Mack is one of those guys that I feel is still solid and can put a great performance despite recent setbacks since losing against Steen last year for the title

Garden State Saint wrote:Anybody else thinking Candice debut with TNA tonight?

I don't bother much with TNA but how she do?

Garden State Saint wrote:
MidgetAssassin wrote:I'd like to see Roddy do it. The fact that he hasn't had a world title reign is a travesty in my opinion.

Either that or a BOLA win.

Agree with that and Strong has been with PWG almost as long as Steen has at this point and I think Strong having a run would be nice
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 am

El Asian wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Anybody else thinking Candice debut with TNA tonight?

I don't bother much with TNA but how she do?

It was a good enough match and I hope she gets more bookings but really, who the hell knows with TNA?
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:25 pm

I saw that NOAH had to cancel a scheduled Jr. Heavyweight title match between Taiji Ishimori and Davey Richards because of a "neck injury" to Richards. Can't wait to see who Richards' replacement at ASW 10 will be. :(
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I saw that NOAH had to cancel a scheduled Jr. Heavyweight title match between Taiji Ishimori and Davey Richards because of a "neck injury" to Richards. Can't wait to see who Richards' replacement at ASW 10 will be. :(

Don't say that, I'm gonna cry if Davey/Ricochet dosen't happen.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:35 am

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:I saw that NOAH had to cancel a scheduled Jr. Heavyweight title match between Taiji Ishimori and Davey Richards because of a "neck injury" to Richards. Can't wait to see who Richards' replacement at ASW 10 will be. :(

Don't say that, I'm gonna cry if Davey/Ricochet dosen't happen.

I called it.
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Maybe it's coincidence or maybe the Board of Directors reads the forums, but they've given us what we desire, like Younger/Steen, we're getting Ricochet/Richards (you know, if Richards doesn't pull out...), and so much more.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 am

Richards just pulled out of Final Battle too, so it's looking pretty definitive.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:28 am

What happens if Eddie and Davey can't be at All Star Weekend? Will the cards be shuffled again? Will we see new debuts to replace them in their matches?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm

A little clarification to my previous post-
PWInsider reports that Davey Richards issued his announcement of his parting of ways with Ring of Honor after he was informed that he would no longer be booked with the promotion for Final Battle on December 14. The belief among wrestlers is that Richards made his farewell on his own and not part of a planned ROH angle.

Richards was also reportedly "unbooked" from the last set of ROH shows in Ohio and Michigan because the promotion was upset about comments he made in the British magazine, Total Wrestling, saying the ROH titles were not as important as they were previously portrayed.

Following this, Richards was said to have gotten himself back on the dates and made it a point to claim in front of the locker room that his comments from the magazine were incorrect and taken out of context, per several ROH talents. Richards was also reportedly unhappy with the plans for his last scheduled appearance at the Final Battle event, which could have factored into ROH removing him from the show. The report also states that according to a number of sources, the tryout Richards had in WWE with NXT did not have any bearing on the situation that led to his exit.

Richards' tag team partner, Eddie Edwards, is still set to appear at Final Battle on December 14 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

So Davey was making a pain in the ass out of himself, per usual. He'd better watch the attitude in the WWE, or he's gonna get himself Ki'd out.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Some other stuff-
Wrestlezone.com reports that according to several sources within ROH, many within the company believe Davey Richards is a habitual, pathological liar. One person reportedly said, "Davey Richards lied about quitting wrestling a million times. He's burned bridges in Japan because he's a liar. He lied to New Japan about being in a car wreck. He lied to [Pro Wrestling] Noah about a neck injury."

Someone noted on the retraction of his aforementioned comments from Total Wrestling Magazine, "it's the only time he was honest. He really thinks badly of ROH, never wanted to lose to Steen and none of the boys like him. His locker room speech was a joke because he said he doesn't lie, but that was a lie."

ROH reportedly tried to protect Richards and not reveal the "real" reason of why he was not booked at Final Battle. However, the interview where he buried ROH was the last straw

Also while Edwards is finishing up with Ring of Honor, the report indicates that while the locker room is happy to see Richards leave, many ROH employees will miss not having Edwards as part of the company because he was generally well liked. It's also possible Edwards could return to ROH if WWE decides to pass on him, whereas Richards mentioned that he was "gone for good" when he talked about parting ways with the promotion.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm guessing he's already booked elsewhere, considering he's not on the shows, but Kyle O'Reilly would be the perfect replacement for Davey (should he miss the shows). O'Reilly versus Gargano and, particularly, Ricochet, would be ace.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 pm

That would be my hope, but I'd take a newly debuting guy. Don't know who would be available on such short notice, though.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum