2014 PWG matches you wanna see

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

2014 PWG matches you wanna see

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

The almighty PWG is almost at the end of another stellar year, with 2 more stacked events to wrap it up. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe the Board of Directors reads the forums, but they've given us what we desire, like Younger/Steen, we're getting Ricochet/Richards (you know, if Richards doesn't pull out...), and so much more.

With the dynamics of the roster, there are so many intriguing possibilities.

Adam Cole vs. Joey Ryan for the PWG Championship; part of it maybe the reduced number of events, since Adam only has 4 defences, but it looks like he's gonna be the second man to break Joey's record-setting reign as champion. Joey deserves the chance to do something about it. And if there's anyone on the roster that can satisfyingly dethrone Adam, maybe it's him.
The Young Bucks vs. Chris Hero & Joey Ryan; the most dominant tag team in PWG history vs. the team-up of the two most dominant and longest reigning PWG champions. Maybe it's for the tag titles, maybe not - it's awesome either way.
OR
Kevin Steen & Matt Jackson vs. Chris Hero & Joey Ryan - and Nick Jackson vs. Candice LeRae on the same show; come on, you wanna see this. Maybe Kevin and Matt can defend the tag titles under the Freebird Matt Rushmore Rule...
Kevin Steen vs. Drake Younger in Guerilla Warfare; they've got all the reason to beat the shit out of each-other, and we all wanna see the rematch.
Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero; PWG has done it before and I'd really like to seem them do it again.

And imagine if PWG brings in Uhaa Nation.
Uhaa Nation vs. Willie Mack; it's not 'cause they're black.
Uhaa Nation & Willie Mack vs. The Young Bucks; they could do something amazing, titles or no titles.

I'd really like to see Mack and Brian Cage be focused on again.
Super Dragon Mark

Re: 2014 PWG matches you wanna see

Postby toby80 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:40 pm

So many...

Adam Cole vs. Ricochet (I'd love Ricochet to be the one to end Cole's reign)

The Young Bucks vs. Akira Tozawa & Uhaa Nation (should there be another PWG/DG super-show)

Kevin Steen vs. Michael Elgin (would be great to see this in Reseda)

Chris Hero vs. Brian Cage

Ricochet vs. ACH

...to name a few :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:40 pm

-Drew Gulak vs. Kyle O'Reilly:

In my opinion this is THE dream match in indy wrestling, both had huge breakout years and both are becoming ring generals. It would be old school technical wrestling vs. new school MMA influenced technical wrestling.

-Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O'Reilly

-Johnny Gargano vs. ACH

-Chris Hero vs. Ricochet

-Chris Hero vs. Drake Younger

-Michael Elgin vs. Drake Younger
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Never even thought of Gulak vs. O'Reilly before, but sweet zombie Jesus that would be sweet. Hero/Younger and Elgin/Younger both sound pretty good too. I'd like to see Gulak and Biff Busick come in as a team as well-I think those two against the Bucks, the ICMGs, Best Friends,or the UFMs would burn Reseda to the ground.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:15 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Never even thought of Gulak vs. O'Reilly before, but sweet zombie Jesus that would be sweet. Hero/Younger and Elgin/Younger both sound pretty good too. I'd like to see Gulak and Biff Busick come in as a team as well-I think those two against the Bucks, the ICMGs, Best Friends,or the UFMs would burn Reseda to the ground.

Yeah dude, Busick is awesome, have you seen his matches with Eddie Edwards in Beyond Wrestling? Some of the best stuff all year, also Busick and Gulak's match with the Dojo Bros. was really good. Gulak/Busick vs. UFM's would be insanely stiff, but sounds like a classic, hopefully we can see it at DDT4.

If Busick gets brought in at some point I would loveto see him one-on-one with Elgin, those two would kill each other.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm

I've watched a few Gulak match's since a lot of people here on the boards have talked about him and I don't see what the hype is about but thats just me .
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I've watched a few Gulak match's since a lot of people here on the boards have talked about him and I don't see what the hype is about but thats just me .

Check out some Soldier Ant matches in Chikara then
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

El Asian wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:I've watched a few Gulak match's since a lot of people here on the boards have talked about him and I don't see what the hype is about but thats just me .

Check out some Soldier Ant matches in Chikara then

And his match with Biff Busick at a recent Evolve show.
eastbay510

Postby rohgenextfan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Another thread, another post.

Kota Ibushi vs anyone.

That is all.
rohgenextfan

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

I'd like to see a round robin challange between Gargano, O'Reilly, and ACH.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I was thinking about this-if Eddie Edwards goes to the WWE, and DDT4 is in January, Roddy's going to need a new partner. So I had this idea-Roddy and HERO. After all, they were supposed to have been in DDT4 2009, but that ended up changing due to Paul London's back injury. Hero and Strong against the Bucks would be money.
pwggrodd

Postby rohgenextfan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Super Smash Bros. & Super Dragon vs Mount Rushmore (The Youngbucks & Steen or Cole)
rohgenextfan

Postby brm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Hero vs. Elgin
Hero vs. O'Reily
Hero vs. Younger
brm

Postby brm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Hero vs. Elgin
Hero vs. O'Reily
Hero vs. Younger
Super Dragon vs. Younger
Super Dragon vs. Willie Mack
Brian Cage vs. Micheal Elgin vs. Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards - Fourway Elimination #1 Contenders
Low Ki vs. Steen
Low Ki vs. Younger
brm

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah, those last two ain't happenin'. The Super Dragon matches aren't too likely either. Cage/Edwards/Elgin/Strong sounds awesome, if Eddie sticks around for any length of time.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Kevin Steen vs. Johnny Gargano, I guess - for the novelty. It was supposed to happen for Smash Wrestling at the beginning of the year, but that turned into a tag 'cause Steen was hurt. AIW just did it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in PWG.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Generico Mark » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Kevin Steen vs. Johnny Gargano, I guess - for the novelty. It was supposed to happen for Smash Wrestling at the beginning of the year, but that turned into a tag 'cause Steen was hurt. AIW just did it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in PWG.

They just did that at BOLA..
El Generico Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Chris Hero vs Kyle O'Reilly could be great.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:06 am

El Generico Mark wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Kevin Steen vs. Johnny Gargano, I guess - for the novelty. It was supposed to happen for Smash Wrestling at the beginning of the year, but that turned into a tag 'cause Steen was hurt. AIW just did it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in PWG.

Ah. I haven't caught up, and I avoid spoilers, so...

On that note, Younger vs. Necro Butcher, anyone?

Also...
• Adam Cole vs. Paul London or Brian Kendrick for the PWG Championship
• Chris Hero & Roderick Strong vs. The Young Bucks and/or Brian Cage & Michael Elgin
• Chris Hero vs. Anthony Nese and/or Brian Cage
• Drake Younger vs. Ricochet
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Generico Mark » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
El Generico Mark wrote:

Ah. I haven't caught up, and I avoid spoilers, so...

Oh.... Sorry..... :(
El Generico Mark

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum