The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, the Juicy Product are really good. Starr's a...star...in the making. Saw that Steen and Busick's match for Beyond Wrestling isn't going to happen; Busick's apparently injured. A Busick/Steen match in Reseda would be off the charts!
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:00 am

Busick vs Elgin would also be awesome.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:04 am

That would be one helluva bruising contest.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 am

pwggrodd wrote:I was thinking the same thing the last time I saw a Strickland match. This guy will be really good in a year, but he's still pretty raw right now. I agree with you about those guys you mentioned. And they would all probably be better booked in PWG than CZW (well, except for Gulak, anyway).

I say PWG would book Gulak better than CZW, CZW seems to try to make Gulak as their version of Adam Cole, which is considerable ironic since Cole started in CZW and all, but comes off kinda poor man's Adam Cole somehow and how they ended Gulak's against AJ Styles was just awful, one of the worst endings to a match since the Royal Rumble and the match itself, didn't exactly click but I will say Gulak deserves a shot in PWG anyways though as well as Busick when he's all healed up.

Anyways, 2 names to suggest, 1st I like to see Christina Von Eerie to PWG, either feuding with Joey and Candice or having her team with Candice instead since that has been happening lately in other indies and also, probably suggested awhile back but now he's been getting better and has cut ties with Chikara recently, probably making things much easier to book him now, but yeah, Tim Donst is another guy I like to see in PWG.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:47 am

El Asian wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:I washthinking the same thing the last time I saw a Strickland match. This guy will be really good in a year, but he's still pretty raw right now. I agree with you about those guys you mentioned. And they would all probably be better booked in PWG than CZW (well, except for Gulak, anyway).

I say PWG would book Gulak better than CZW, CZW seems to try to make Gulak as their version of Adam Cole, which is considerable ironic since Cole started in CZW and all, but comes off kinda poor man's Adam Cole somehow and how they ended Gulak's against AJ Styles was just awful, one of the worst endings to a match since the Royal Rumble and the match itself, didn't exactly click but I will say Gulak deserves a shot in PWG anyways though as well as Busick when he's all healed up.

Anyways, 2 names to suggest, 1st I like to see Christina Von Eerie to PWG, either feuding with Joey and Candice or having her team with Candice instead since that has been happening lately in other indies and also, probably suggested awhile back but now he's been getting better and has cut ties with Chikara recently, probably making things much easier to book him now, but yeah, Tim Donst is another guy I like to see in PWG.

How is Gulak anything like Cole? Cole plays a bitch heel in both PWG and ROH (granted they are two diferent characters, but he is the bitch heel in both companies). Gulak is not a bitch heel, he has been a fighting champion, he has beaten almost everybody clean, and he has faced top indy guys.

I agree the finish was shit with his match with AJ, but I also understand why they did it. I don't think there is any way AJ will lose a match clean in the indys out of ROH.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:I washthinking the same thing the last time I saw a Strickland match. This guy will be really good in a year, but he's still pretty raw right now. I agree with you about those guys you mentioned. And they would all probably be better booked in PWG than CZW (well, except for Gulak, anyway).

How is Gulak anything like Cole? Cole plays a bitch heel in both PWG and ROH (granted they are two diferent characters, but he is the bitch heel in both companies). Gulak is not a bitch heel, he has been a fighting champion, he has beaten almost everybody clean, and he has faced top indy guys.

I agree the finish was shit with his match with AJ, but I also understand why they did it. I don't think there is any way AJ will lose a match clean in the indys out of ROH.

True though to be fair, that match with AJ was my only exposure to Gulak's stuff in CZW, so there probably are better stuff he's done there but I will agree that might have been the only solution to get AJ to lose to their champion, still a shitty way though
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm

With Drake missing the next show (his wife is due to give birth that day) it'll be interesting to see how the card shapes up.

Adam vs. Candice looks likely, but that isn't strong enough to headline.

If Matt Jackson recovers from his injury in time, The Bucks vs. Best Friends could do the honours.

Hmm... it's an interesting one.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Kind of interested in the show after the next show-it's the 150th PWG show. The 99th and 100th show were treated as big deals, so I wonder if there'll be anything special for the 150th-other than Drake's likely title challenge.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

Alex Shelley said on his twitter account that he's going to start touring indies in between NJPW tours after March, so, let's hope that leads to PWG appearances. He said he want's to wrestle Johnny Gargano a lot, so that's a thought.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Since the next PWG show is on late March, I'm sure the Matt will be healed up by then. As for Drake, I did read on here somewhere that his wife is expecting, so he might miss the show understandably.

As for Alex Shelley, I would love to see him back and him vs. Gargano would be great and I agree what you said about Strong and Shelley together since Strong doesn't have any partners. Speaking of NJPW, ROH has worked a deal to bring some of them over, I would like for this for PWG but probably doubtful it seems.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:00 am

Gargano vs Shelley makes sense, they are really good friends according to Gargano, and Shelley helped him early in his career. Both have simuler stylesand even have the same finisher.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 am

Yeah, I noticed a while back that Gargano reminded me of Shelley stylistically, so I hope that match does happen.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:34 am

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, I noticed a while back that Gargano reminded me of Shelley stylistically, so I hope that match does happen.

eastbay510 wrote:Gargano vs Shelley makes sense, they are really good friends according to Gargano, and Shelley helped him early in his career. Both have simuler stylesand even have the same finisher.

The Gargano Escape vs The Border City Stretch... I can dig it.
OSKMIA

Postby El Generico Mark » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:39 pm

i like for Shane Hollister to be given a chance. matches with Gargano,O'Reilly and Strong would be cool!
El Generico Mark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:04 am

i noticed that timothy thatcher is working CZW best of the best this year, wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot.

at DDT4 i was cheering for thornestowe but he really didn't impress me much, i was kind of surprised he got the please come back chant. honestly ciampa hasn't made much of an impression on me either.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:00 am

El Generico Mark wrote:i like for Shane Hollister to be given a chance. matches with Gargano,O'Reilly and Strong would be cool!

I saw Hollister friday at a AIW show in Cleveland, he wrestled a 4 way against Davey Vega, Tyson Dux, and Trevor Lee. Hollister looked great in that match, but Trevor Lee looked just as good. Seriously watch out for this guy, really good in the ring and oozes charisma. But he really needs to improve his look, but he's only 20, I'm definitely not saying bring him in yet, but in a couple years I can see him as a big player on the indys.

But as far as Hollister goes, like I said he looked great.
eastbay510

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:25 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i noticed that timothy thatcher is working CZW best of the best this year, wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot.

at DDT4 i was cheering for thornestowe but he really didn't impress me much, i was kind of surprised he got the please come back chant. honestly ciampa hasn't made much of an impression on me either.

I would not mind seeing Timothy Thatcher...
I agree with you about Ciampa. Not really sure what it is, but he just isn't getting over with me.
He has that look of being a crazed killer, but something is missing or maybe I'm just tired of Everyone trying to be
a bad ass with a crazed look. We already have Kevin Steen & Drake Younger.. I don't know, maybe its just me.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Thatcher should get a shot, I was hoping he would debut the same time with Thornstowe and have them go at it since they are familiar with each other and could have a nice match in Reseda. But I disagree with CIampa, PWG should keep him around especially considering that we are losing Drake Younger soon and we might be losing Kevin Steen as well as Roderick Strong, ACH, and Michael Elgin depending what happens.

Anyways, some pages ago, somebody suggested the Hooligans and I initially put it off but then recently, I decided watch some matches of these guys and honestly, I agree now, they should get a shot as wrestling needs more flippy fat guys, not even kidding. Also, I want to suggest bringing in the Jollyville Fuck-Its as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 am

El Asian wrote:Thatcher should get a shot, I was hoping he would debut the same time with Thornstowe and have them go at it since they are familiar with each other and could have a nice match in Reseda. But I disagree with CIampa, PWG should keep him around especially considering that we are losing Drake Younger soon and we might be losing Kevin Steen as well as Roderick Strong, ACH, and Michael Elgin depending what happens.

Anyways, some pages ago, somebody suggested the Hooligans and I initially put it off but then recently, I decided watch some matches of these guys and honestly, I agree now, they should get a shot as wrestling needs more flippy fat guys, not even kidding. Also, I want to suggest bringing in the Jollyville Fuck-Its as well.

Big BIG pass on the Jollyville Fuck-its, there are so many better teams then them.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:57 pm

It would be kinda funny if Thatcher did get a shot, since he'd been in California for all these years, only to get a shot in PWG only AFTER he'd moved to the Northeast.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum