2014 PWG matches you wanna see

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2014 PWG matches you wanna see

Postby brm » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:On that note, Younger vs. Necro Butcher, anyone?

I'd really like to see Necro back in PWG, especially now that Necro has kind of fallen off the indy scene map. PWG could give him a nice return spotlight and get some fresh matches in the process.

Necro / Elgin could be this decades Necro / Samoa Joe
brm

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 pm

brm wrote:

I'd really like to see Necro back in PWG, especially now that Necro has kind of fallen off the indy scene map. PWG could give him a nice return spotlight and get some fresh matches in the process.

That would be interesting but at this rate, Necro has become a shadow of his former self lately unforutanely, with arrests for spousal abuse and all that, might not be a good idea to bring in Necro at this present time until he cleans himself up and personally, better off for PWG to bring in guys like Matt Tremont or BJW guys like Jun Kasai or Yuko Miyamoto instead though maybe PWG can bring in Homeless Jimmy instead since he lives in the area instead and probably easier to bring in then fly out someone like Tremont or Kasai, I may or may not be joking about PWG bringing in Homeless Jimmy though, mostly as a morbid curiosity to see how that would work out and would mark out the idea of Homeless Jimmy working a PWG show despite that it might not be the best idea ever. :oops:
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm

El Asian wrote:
brm wrote:

That would be interesting but at this rate, Necro has become a shadow of his former self lately unforutanely, with arrests for spousal abuse and all that, might not be a good idea to bring in Necro at this present time until he cleans himself up and personally, better off for PWG to bring in guys like Matt Tremont or BJW guys like Jun Kasai or Yuko Miyamoto instead though maybe PWG can bring in Homeless Jimmy instead since he lives in the area instead and probably easier to bring in then fly out someone like Tremont or Kasai, I may or may not be joking about PWG bringing in Homeless Jimmy though, mostly as a morbid curiosity to see how that would work out and would mark out the idea of Homeless Jimmy working a PWG show despite that it might not be the best idea ever. :oops:

I read what Butcher had to say regarding the spouse abuse - I understand his reasoning and he acknowledged that it still wasn't an excuse. I think Butcher is injured anyways, though.

Tremont and Kasai can stay wherever they are.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:56 am

Well I rather have Kasai or Tremont over Necro at this point, given Necro's current issues going and the fact the aforementioned Kasai, Tremont, or even Jimmy would probably be more reliable to work with and have less drama to deal with
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Why would anybody want to see Matt Tremont? He is awful, and the only reason he has a spot in CZW is because he is willing to take the most dicusting bumps.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm sure I've said it before, but Adam Cole defending the title against Willie Mack.

And I had the three-way idea with Cole vs. the Bucks - what about Cole defending the title in a three-way against Brian Cage and Mike Elgin?
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 pm

If they want to give an underdog a title shot I think a good way would be have a 4 way as the opener and the winner gets a title shot in the main event. ROH did this years back with Tyler Black at Take no Prisoners. They could either do 4 guys who have not gotten a shot at Cole, or 4 guys who have never recieved a title shot at anyone, it would be a good way to get Swann, Chucky, ACH, AR Fox, Ciampa, or Trent into a main event.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Why would anybody want to see Matt Tremont? He is awful, and the only reason he has a spot in CZW is because he is willing to take the most dicusting bumps.

Well the point I was making is that I rather have someone like Matt Tremont than Necro Butcher in 2014 due to Necro Butcher's state, personally though, I rather see PWG bring in Homeless Jimmy but even I know that's probably dumbest suggestion out there.

Also, a match that I'm surprised hasn't happened yet and I was really thinking this would happen after Matt Rushmore and I don't think its happened elsewhere yet either but Kyle O'Reilly vs. Kevin Steen, might happen at the next show though
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:23 am

With Matt injured, I'd like to see Nick go solo or team with someone different. Maybe a Freebird Rule title defence? Or Nick vs. Candice?

Adam defending against Joey, though...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:40 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Why would anybody want to see Matt Tremont?

Matt Tremont vs. Brian Cage
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Why would anybody want to see Matt Tremont?

Matt Tremont vs. Brian Cage

Honestly, that match does sound interesting. Also, I'm sure Matt Jackson will be fine by the time the next show happens.

Also, a random match I like to see is a rubber match between Roderick Strong and Willie Mack
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:06 pm

We never did get the RockNES/PPRAY match. It's been a consistently good-to-great match elsewhere, so why not give it a shot?
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 pm

Trevor Lee vs Kyle O'Reilly would be tits.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Trevor Lee vs Kyle O'Reilly would be tits.

I was just thinking this lol :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 pm

A person who was at Mystery Vortex II did a podcast and described Lee as a combination of Katsuyori Shibata and Peter Avalon. As weird as that sounds, I can see that.
pwggrodd

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 pm

I thought the same exact thing watching him Friday night. The other thing I was thinking was that Trevor needs chants like this (substitute Trevor for Tucker)

abouttreefitty350

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 am

toby80 wrote:

Perhaps they could hold this match off till Kyle wins the PWG title and by that point Lee could be a credible challanger for the belt.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am

eastbay510 wrote:
toby80 wrote:

Perhaps they could hold this match off till Kyle wins the PWG title and by that point Lee could be a credible challanger for the belt.

Sounds good to me :D
toby80

Postby toby80 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

If Ricochet wins the Open the Freedom Gate title on Friday, it would be awesome if Dragon books Cole vs. Ricochet for the next show. PWG and ROH champion vs. Open the Dream and Freedom Gate champion :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby rohgenextfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:08 am

abouttreefitty350 wrote:

I thought the same exact thing watching him Friday night. The other thing I was thinking was that Trevor needs chants like this (substitute Trevor for Tucker)

Given that his name is Trevor, maybe something like this would befit him:

rohgenextfan

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum