The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 pm

I was just thinking about Lethal again myself. It seemed like he got way over with the crowd at All Star Weekend IX, so I don't really know why he's never been brought back. Seems odd to me. Especially since I can think of quite a few guys in the company that he could have excellent matches with.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:08 pm

I watched Steen Wolf for the first time since it was released last night, and then I saw that Ray Rosas is going to be out for a while with a knee injury. I suggest bringing Freddy Bravo in as a new tag partner for Peter Avalon. Also, bring back Famous B and Chris Kadillak.
pwggrodd

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:45 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I watched Steen Wolf for the first time since it was released last night, and then I saw that Ray Rosas is going to be out for a while with a knee injury. I suggest bringing Freddy Bravo in as a new tag partner for Peter Avalon. Also, bring back Famous B and Chris Kadillak.

I'm with you on that.. Bring back Kadillak, Famous B & Bravo. Also, aside from Christopher Daniels, I hear he is taking bookings as Curry Man. Wouldn't mind seeing him make a PWG appearance.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Generico Mark » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:51 am

What happened to Kenny Omega, is he still in japan?
El Generico Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 am

Yeah, permanently. It was a scheduling miracle PWG could make that one night comeback in 2012 work.
pwggrodd

Postby El Generico Mark » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 pm

And how are the super smash brothers going visa wise?
El Generico Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 am

Well, that Kevin Steen Show from last year with them said they were working on it-but that was shot over a year ago. If it hasn't happened yet, I doubt it's going to. Getting popped at the border probably didn't do much to help their case in getting one.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Speaking of work visas, I saw that the Mexican tag team, Los Traumas, have recently gotten US work visas, and plan to work in CZW and Los Angeles. I think they'd be pretty awesome in PWG-the smaller one can fly pretty well, the bigger one hits REALLY hard, and they both work really well on the mat.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:52 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Well, that Kevin Steen Show from last year with them said they were working on it-but that was shot over a year ago. If it hasn't happened yet, I doubt it's going to. Getting popped at the border probably didn't do much to help their case in getting one.

Well Player Uno did recently post a video of him going to PAX East in Boston but maybe Uno visiting Boston for more fun reasons is a bit different having to fly yourself out and wrestle for other companies, still I would like to believe Super Smash Brothers would return to PWG one day.

pwggrodd wrote:Speaking of work visas, I saw that the Mexican tag team, Los Traumas, have recently gotten US work visas, and plan to work in CZW and Los Angeles. I think they'd be pretty awesome in PWG-the smaller one can fly pretty well, the bigger one hits REALLY hard, and they both work really well on the mat.

Completely agree with this, I had suggested this earlier but now learning they just got their work visas in the US, I would love for Los Traumas to work PWG soon
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:46 am

First of all I love PWG, this may come across as bitching, but... whatever, this is how I honestly feel. I think PWG may want to reevaluate the roster. I really feel like the product is a bit stale these days. Now that there's no Davey, Dojo Bros., SSB, Drake, Sami it feels like the mojority of the matches are either spot fests or comedy... don't get me wrong they have a place on shows, but there is way to much.

I feel like having ACH with Ricochet, Swann, or Fox really hurts him. To me it feels like the fans think of ACH as a "spot monkey", I've seen ACH in ROH, he and Ricochet are extremely capable of putting together matches that showcase storytelling along with highspots.

I really like Ciampa, but it just isn't working in PWG, neither is Nese. No disrespect to either guy, but they just arn't getting over or having amazing matches.

I was talking to some other fans the other day and one said "Generico and Drake were the heart and soul of PWG", I would add Steen to that list, I really miss him having awesome singles matches.

I'm just a fan, but I wouldn't mind dropping Nese, Ciampa, and Fox and start booking guys who arn't solely spot guys or generic guys and start booking guys like Gulak, Busick, Jon Silver, Juicy Product.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

eastbay510 wrote:First of all I love PWG, this may come across as bitching, but... whatever, this is how I honestly feel. I think PWG may want to reevaluate the roster. I really feel like the product is a bit stale these days. Now that there's no Davey, Dojo Bros., SSB, Drake, Sami it feels like the mojority of the matches are either spot fests or comedy... don't get me wrong they have a place on shows, but there is way to much.

I feel like having ACH with Ricochet, Swann, or Fox really hurts him. To me it feels like the fans think of ACH as a "spot monkey", I've seen ACH in ROH, he and Ricochet are extremely capable of putting together matches that showcase storytelling along with highspots.

I really like Ciampa, but it just isn't working in PWG, neither is Nese. No disrespect to either guy, but they just arn't getting over or having amazing matches.

I was talking to some other fans the other day and one said "Generico and Drake were the heart and soul of PWG", I would add Steen to that list, I really miss him having awesome singles matches.

I'm just a fan, but I wouldn't mind dropping Nese, Ciampa, and Fox and start booking guys who arn't solely spot guys or generic guys and start booking guys like Gulak, Busick, Jon Silver, Juicy Product.

I will agree that Generico and Drake were the heart and soul of PWG and it hasn't really been the same even though Drake has been absent for only one show . I really enjoy Ciampa work and have been a huge fan of his I don't necessarily think he isn't working in PWG as I loved his match with Hero and Drake . Will totally agree about Nese as I find him very boring and has not fit in with PWG . I'd love to see Busick soon as I feel he would connect more with the Reseda faithful with the style he brings . I understand PWG saves a money by booking B Boy don't have to fly him out and i'm almost certain he has the cheapest guy to book . I'd clean u the roster by getting rid of B Boy , RockNES , Nese , Chuck Taylor , Joey Ryan ( I understand he own's some of company , but why does he have to wrestle he brings almost nothing to the ring , just book Candice for singles match's . Just my 2 cents .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:25 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:First of all I love PWG, this may come across as bitching, but... whatever, this is how I honestly feel. I think PWG may want to reevaluate the roster. I really feel like the product is a bit stale these days. Now that there's no Davey, Dojo Bros., SSB, Drake, Sami it feels like the mojority of the matches are either spot fests or comedy... don't get me wrong they have a place on shows, but there is way to much.

I will agree that Generico and Drake were the heart and soul of PWG and it hasn't really been the same even though Drake has been absent for only one show . I really enjoy Ciampa work and have been a huge fan of his I don't necessarily think he isn't working in PWG as I loved his match with Hero and Drake . Will totally agree about Nese as I find him very boring and has not fit in with PWG . I'd love to see Busick soon as I feel he would connect more with the Reseda faithful with the style he brings . I understand PWG saves a money by booking B Boy don't have to fly him out and i'm almost certain he has the cheapest guy to book . I'd clean u the roster by getting rid of B Boy , RockNES , Nese , Chuck Taylor , Joey Ryan ( I understand he own's some of company , but why does he have to wrestle he brings almost nothing to the ring , just book Candice for singles match's . Just my 2 cents .

I miss those classic matches that didn't rely on comedy and had minimal spots, matches that have a story and a slow build, matches like Davey/Omega, Davey/Roddy, Davey/Hero, both Hero/Tozawa matches... the "old school ROH" style if you will. I really like Cole, but all the intrference and him fucking around is getting old. In my opinion O'Reilly NEEDS to take the title at the next show, he is the one guy on the indys who can have a good match with anybody, no matter who they bring in.

By the way I totally agree about the local guys.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree with the issues but I completely disagree in getting rid of anybody because you don't like their style, I've agreed PWG can bring in new guys whenever they want but PWG just added Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee, and Cedric Alexander and getting rid of guys is a bad idea right now, given that there is a good chance WWE might pick up anybody on the PWG roster at this rate and depends who is available these days, I think its best just keep anybody they can bring in plus this is not the topic to discuss who PWG should stop booking.

Anyways, I was hoping the next show would be their return but hopefully soon but yeah, we discussed this before but not here, the return and reunion of the Motor City Machine Guns soon hopefully.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:04 pm

El Asian wrote:I agree with the issues but I completely disagree in getting rid of anybody because you don't like their style, I've agreed PWG can bring in new guys whenever they want but PWG just added Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee, and Cedric Alexander and getting rid of guys is a bad idea right now, given that there is a good chance WWE might pick up anybody on the PWG roster at this rate and depends who is available these days, I think its best just keep anybody they can bring in plus this is not the topic to discuss who PWG should stop booking.

Anyways, I was hoping the next show would be their return but hopefully soon but yeah, we discussed this before but not here, the return and reunion of the Motor City Machine Guns soon hopefully.

Why shouldn't they get rid of guys? If they are not over or having good matches they why should they be kept?
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Which is a fine argument except the people being complained about are over and have good matches in PWG
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I can't think of one good Tony Nese match in PWG, Ciampa hasn't done anything noteworthy, I know a lot of people disliked Inner City/AAW from DDT4, and Cole has not had a good title reign, and the local guys have just meh matches.
eastbay510

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I can't think of one good Tony Nese match in PWG, Ciampa hasn't done anything noteworthy, I know a lot of people disliked Inner City/AAW from DDT4, and Cole has not had a good title reign, and the local guys have just meh matches.

Yeah, I disagree with all of this. Hell, Nese vs Strong at the last show was a good match. Inner City vs AAW was great, and Cole has had a bunch of great title defenses (iron man match vs Callihan, match with Drake, the 3 way with Steen and Drake...).

The local guys have "meh" matches? Come one man...
abouttreefitty350

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Last line should be "come on man..."

How do we not have an edit button here? Hahaha
abouttreefitty350

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:52 am

I've noticed a lot of folks on the internet boards and such complaining about Nese and Ciampa. I've been relatively happy with both of them, and I don't see where they're getting the idea that neither is over. The fans seems to respond to them pretty well, judging from the DVDs. That being said, I feel like both guys are fairly colorless outside of their ring work, and could probably benefit by being in tag teams. I don't really know who you could pair them with, though. Nese teams with Trent? in EVOLVE, but Trent?'s already got a partner in PWG. Maybe bring in Caleb Konley, who's in the same stable as Nese and Trent?, and have them team in PWG? As far as Ciampa goes, nobody really stands out as a good fit to team with him. Any suggestions? Or am I nuts?
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 am

Actually, come to think of it-here's a crazy idea. Avalon's not going to have a partner for about six months or so while Rosas is out-why not have Ciampa be his muscle?
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum