BOLA 2014

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue May 13, 2014 6:05 am

hey333 wrote:All I know is I can't wait to hop back on a plane from Cleveland to LA for this weekend. Last years was legit the best wrestling shows I've ever attended.

Also I gotta disagree on the Donst hate. Having talked to him and seen him live so many times in the ring, lazy is the last word I'd use. Guy has plenty enough talent to hang with anyone in PWG

He could hang with Famous B and Chris Kadilak and a list of others who were never ment to step in a pwg ring . He is boring with a limited skill set , I'd rather see Busick , Uhaa nation and Gulak over Donst .
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 13, 2014 6:28 am

Honestly, I'd say Donst is one of the more disappointing students to come out of the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory. Not really a great technical wrestler, obviously not a flyer, not in great shape.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:55 am

I remember when Donst debuted a few years back everyone was really excited, everyone thought he was the next big thing.

I went to an AIW show a couple months ago, he is insanly over, I don't understand why at all. Ever since he debuted he has gotten bigger, gotten away from the technical wrestling he used to do, and he has definatlly gotten lazy. And in a promotion like PWG where work-rate is king I don't see Donst fitting in.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby El Asian » Tue May 13, 2014 12:54 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Honestly, I'd say Donst is one of the more disappointing students to come out of the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory. Not really a great technical wrestler, obviously not a flyer, not in great shape.


I disagree, I find Donst as the best student coming out of Wrestle Factory, besides Hallowicked, as well as Donst is willing to evolve and change up his style especially now without restrictions from Chikara getting in the way now
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:02 pm

1) Michael Elgin
2) Ricochet
3) ACH
4) Adam Cole
5) Johnny Gargano
6) Cedric Alexander
7) Trevor Lee
8) Roderick Strong
9) Trent?
10) Kyle O'Reilly
11) Chuck Taylor
12) Jon Silver
13) Drew Gulak
14) Biff Busick
15) Uhaa Nation
16) Akira Tozawa

Well now that it looks like WWE will be signing Steen and Willie Mack I thought I would update my BOLA lineup. I did decide to leave a few people off my list, let me explain. I left Nese and Ciampa off the lineup because I feel like they really arn't connecting with the crowd, I left Fox off because I feel like he dosen't have the in ring skill that Ricochet and ACH or the charisma of Swann. I left off Swann cause I feel like he is much better in tag matches then singles matches. I Left Everett off for now, because I'm not sure how long he will be out. And finally I left Hero off because he has been a shell of his former self since returning to the indys.

I added 5 non regulars, I feel the way WWE is signing guys, and the current stat of the PWG roster new faces are beyond nessasary. People have been requesting Gulak, Busick, and Uhaa on this forum for a long time now, so I won't explain those ones (although I imagine it would be hard to book Uhaa with his Japan heavy schedule), Tozawa would be awesome, I think it would just create a lot of excitment for the weekend. I added Jon Silver because I believe with his crazy personality and awesome wrestling skill he would get over insantly, the dude just oozes an odd type of charisma.

Some matches I would love to see with my lineup:

Gulak vs Chucky T
Gulak vs Busick
Uhaa Nation vs Michael Elgin
Jon Silver vs Kyle O'Reilly
Trevor Lee vs Roderick Strong
ACH vs Tozawa
Trent? vs Elgin

Ad this time I will pick a winner; Ricochet vs Trevor Lee
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Ricochet over Lee to win BOLA.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 pm

El Generico Mark wrote:Drew Gulak and Biff Busick should be here way before Donst


I just couldn't agree with this more.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby El Asian » Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Redoing this a bit with recent announcements, here's my 16:

1. Michael Elgin
2. Tomasso Ciampa
3. ACH
4. Rich Swann
5. Brian Cage
6. Cedric Alexander
7. Roderick Strong
8. Ricochet
9. Johnny Gargano
10. AR Fox
11. Kyle O'Reilly
12. Andrew Everett
13. Trevor Lee
14. Chris Hero
15. Akira Tozawa
16. Kenny Omega

And if they do go 24 people instead this year, which I still hope for:

17. Anthony Nese
18. Jay Lethal
19. Uhaa Nation
20. Cedric Alexander
21. Trent?
22. Peter Avalon
23. Drew Gulak
24. Chuck Taylor

I'm cutting Cole out from my list in case he becomes too busy with NJPW.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 22, 2014 7:48 pm

I know I've already said it in this very thread that I don't see it happening, for a few legitimately good reasons, but I agree that a 24-man, three night BOLA would be great. Either that, or we need a couple of double-shot weekends this year-otherwise, this looks like it's going to be an even smaller year in number of shows than 2012 was. Two-night anniversary show maybe? All-Star Weekends? Something new, maybe?
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby hey333 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:38 am

Does anyone have information about the dates yet? I really need to start planning this trip soon so flight prices don't go up too much.
hey333
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm

hey333 wrote:Does anyone have information about the dates yet? I really need to start planning this trip soon so flight prices don't go up too much.

They haven't even announced the anniversary show yet, they probally won't announce anything till after that show happens.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby PWGnorthern » Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 pm

New predicted lineup

Tommaso Ciampa
Joey Ryan
Cedric Alexander
Trevor Lee
Roderick Strong
Chris Hero
Trent Baretta
ACH
Rich Swann
AR Fox
Ricochet
Brian Cage
Chuck Taylor
Johnny Gargano
Michael Elgin
JT Dunn/Biff Busick/Drew Gulak/Tim Thatcher/Uhaa Nation

- leaving O'Reilly off because hes probably gonna be the champ going into it and has already won, so he has no real purpose to be there
- Mack, Steen are probably going to be on their way out by then, Cole could be NJPW, Bucks could be as well
PWGnorthern
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 pm

I want O'Reilly in BOLA, not only because he is almost gaurenteed to have a good to great match, but it adds the intrigue of can anyone knock off the champ and get a title shot.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri May 30, 2014 3:54 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I want O'Reilly in BOLA, not only because he is almost gaurenteed to have a good to great match, but it adds the intrigue of can anyone knock off the champ and get a title shot.


So if O'Reilly were in the tournament and got beat by somebody who didn't ultimately win the whole thing, would that mean that guy as well as the eventual tournament winner both get shots? Kinda takes away from the end game of having to win the thing.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I want O'Reilly in BOLA, not only because he is almost gaurenteed to have a good to great match, but it adds the intrigue of can anyone knock off the champ and get a title shot.


So if O'Reilly were in the tournament and got beat by somebody who didn't ultimately win the whole thing, would that mean that guy as well as the eventual tournament winner both get shots? Kinda takes away from the end game of having to win the thing.

I think it's always been an unwritten rule that if you beat the champ in a tourney you get a title shot. The triple threat between Steen, Elgin and Ricochet happened because Ricochet beat Steen and Elgin beat Ricochet. Personally I'm all for it, it gives a guy who might not normally get the oppertunity a chance at the title.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby toby80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:26 am

At this moment in time, my favourite to win BoLA is Michael Elgin.

He's been runner-up the last 2 years, and would thoroughly deserve to make it 3rd time lucky.

My personal choice is Ricochet, who would be equally deserving of such a moment.

Others I have in contention are Roderick Strong, Johnny Gargano and, with an outside chance, Trent?.
toby80
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 pm

I'd really like to see Elgin make the third time the charm too.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Gargano is stall and boring.
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby AndyDiaz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 pm

I feel that in terms of debuts Gulak and Busick seem inevitable and personally I feel JT Dunn would win over Reseda in an instant.
KILLSTEENKILL
AndyDiaz
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: BOLA 2014

Postby hey333 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 am

Agreed on JT Dunn. He's proven he can hang with some of the best independent talent, and would def. win over the PWG fans as well as Alexander, Everett and Trevor Lee did.
hey333
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests