ELEVEN

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

ELEVEN

Postby toby80 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:55 am

The anniversary show has been announced for July 26th :D

The card is as follows...

The Young Bucks vs. The World's Cutest Tag Team (PWG World Tag Team Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match)

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Chris Hero (PWG World Championship Match)

Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong vs. Johnny Gargano (PWG World Championship No 1 Contender Match)

The Unbreakable F'N Machines vs. Best Friends (PWG World Tag Team Championship No 1 Contender Match)

Kevin Steen vs. Trevor Lee

Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

Rocky Romero vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Frankie Kazarian vs. Brian Kendrick

So what do you guys think? I'm really looking forward to Steen vs. Lee, Alexander vs. ACH, O'Reilly vs. Hero and, of course, the big Guerrilla Warfare match, which is gonna be nuts! Really cool to see the returns of Kendrick and, in particular, Kazarian too.
toby80

Re: ELEVEN

Postby El Generico Mark » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:08 am

Why isn't this a main topic? There seems to be a lacking of updates on the forum lately
El Generico Mark

Postby do0shebag55 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 am

Good luck to my PWG Front Row Army brothers... I, like many other brothers, won't be able to make Eleven due to prior commitments in San Diego that weekend.

I do expect to hear the Pee-Dub-Gee chants all the way from San Diego however.
do0shebag55

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Well, reports say Steen has signed with the WWE, so I guess that makes this his last show. I'm glad he's wrestling Trevor Lee, it's a fresh matchup and a great oppurtunity for Lee.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 am

El Generico Mark wrote:Why isn't this a main topic? There seems to be a lacking of updates on the forum lately

good question, mystery vortex i guess has a permanent spot atop the page. i miss the write ups they used to do for these things. i do the write ups myself if they paid me, and by pay i mean a free dvd or ticket once a year. :P
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby toby80 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

Who do you guys make favourite to win the 3-way no. 1 contender match?

With Cole having just lost the title, and Gargano having had a shot quite recently, I think Strong is most likely.

It's been a while since he challenged for the belt, and a match versus O'Reilly would be great.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:07 pm

toby80 wrote:Who do you guys make favourite to win the 3-way no. 1 contender match?

With Cole having just lost the title, and Gargano having had a shot quite recently, I think Strong is most likely.

It's been a while since he challenged for the belt, and a match versus O'Reilly would be great.

I agree, I'm 100% behind Strong, to my knowlege they have never had a high profile singles match... actually I'm not sure if they have ever had one.

The last time Roddy had a title shot was against Davey Richards at Titanica 4 1/2 years ago.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 am

Yeah, Roddy hasn't had a title shot in forever, and O'Reilly vs. Cole and O'Reilly vs. Gargano both just happened. Give him the win! I think it would be a great match.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:19 am

My only question is when the match would take place-BOLA is usually the next thing after the anniversary show now, so does Strong get the shot after BOLA? As a non-tournament match? Does he not compete in BOLA? Questions...
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:03 am

pwggrodd wrote:My only question is when the match would take place-BOLA is usually the next thing after the anniversary show now, so does Strong get the shot after BOLA? As a non-tournament match? Does he not compete in BOLA? Questions...

That is what has made me question whether Strong will win or not. As you say, he could get the shot in a special attraction match at BoLA, or at the show following BoLA. Interesting 8)
toby80

Postby loserkings007 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Really looking forward to Eleven. Missed the past two PWG shows due to going out of state. Won't be missing this show though, looking forward to seeing everyone again!
loserkings007

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm

pwggrodd wrote:My only question is when the match would take place-BOLA is usually the next thing after the anniversary show now, so does Strong get the shot after BOLA? As a non-tournament match? Does he not compete in BOLA? Questions...

easy...with the first round right being split up into two nights, both O'Reilly and Strong (or whoever wins the triple threat match) could have their first round tourney matches on the same night, and then have their title match the other night
jdrouskirsh

Postby CreedP » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Sad that this is an anniversary show, but it's already being overshadowed by BOLA, lol. It's like the anniversary show has become No Way Out / Elimination Chamber, the PPV before Mania. Weird.

Also, pending any 'takebacks', got our Front Row tickets, yay! :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Ordered 2 Front Row seats! Can't wait
loserkings007

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Woah, tickets sold out in less than 24 hours. Looks like I'm not going now. Faaaaaaack.
abouttreefitty350

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 am

Well seeing that "Eleven" is a week away and everybody is still rockin' the BOLA Boners, I figured I'd try to stir up a little 11th hour love for the 11th Anniversary show. I think with Kevin making his final appearance and all the new faces showing up in August, this really represents the end of an era for PWG. The line-up here is solid (and then some), but I can't help but wonder if the recent ticket selling success might prompt a surprise or two to be added to the show.

The fact that Kazarian and Daniels are teaming at BOLA would make the "surprise" of a Fallen Angel appearance at Eleven a little less impactful (no pun intended…seriously). But it would be cool to see the singles match between Kendrick and Kaz turn into Bad Attitude vs Londrick if at all possible. And for old times sake, a classic fun PWG style 6-man match would be awesome as well. I don't know how much (or how little) Excalibur and Super Dragon could do at this point. But here's a scenario... The RockNES Monsters and Peter Avalon (for example) come to the ring and call out any three members of the PWG locker room for a fight. Willie Mack or B-Boy walk out and say they're up for the challenge. Excalibur comes to the ring to calm things down, but a brawl breaks out. And while the heels are enjoying the three on two advantage out comes Super D to kick a little ass and win one for the home team. It wouldn't have to be a 5 Star 30 minute war…just 6 or 7 minutes of fun with a few big spots. But I think the fans would love something along those lines. Plus in this scenario you could work it out to have Steen and Chucky T call the match together which is my PWG dream team commentating duo. Yes, I know….far fetched, But it would be awesome!

Speaking of Kev, I think his match with Lee is going to be one of the highlights of 2014 in PWG. If nothing else it will be one of the most emotional matches EVER for a lot of us. There's probably nobody else on this planet who could smack me in the balls and yet be one of my favorite people ever! But Mr. Steen is a true gem and we've been lucky to have him as OUR guy for so long! And no matter what dumb new name the WWE gives him (Steenly Kevina?), I hope that he and Sami Zane tear shit up in 2015!!!!

The Bucks vs Joey and Candice…Guerrilla Warfare…CANNOT WAIT!!! The World's Cutest Tag Team might end up the World's Bloodiest Tag Team here. But you KNOW these four are going to BRING IT! Candice has been on fire in 2014 and as much as I love the Bucks, I think seeing a title change here would be pretty awesome.

Alexander vs ACH. A nice little nod to the future of PWG. Should be an excellent match. Quite possibly a show stealer. But I'm not sure what to think about Romero vs Ciampa. That match frankly does nothing for me. Two talented guys, but I feel like Ciampa's run in PWG has been pretty flat so far. And I don't see this changing that.

The Top of the card looks excellent. I think O'Reilly and Hero could have a classic as long as the night doesn't run too long and the crowd doesn't get burnt out early. It'll probably be a slow builder that becomes intense as fuck after awhile. I'd be shocked to see Kyle drop the strap this early though. The 3-Way Number One Contenders match is going to be off the charts. This has definite 5 Star potential. I love all three guys, but I'm rooting for Roddy all the way here! Best Friend's vs Unbreakable….I NEVER root against Chuck Taylor! GO BEST FRIENDS!!!!

So yeah, BOLA is gonna be epic….but this little nugget of an anniversary show has the potential to be solid gold as well!
SlayJ

Postby hey333 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:12 am

Oh yeah, this show is happening ain't it.

Jeez, seriously forgot about this show cause of BOLA. I feel partially bad about this.

Anyways yeah Eleven is gonna be a killer show for sure.
hey333

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:28 am

hey333 wrote:Oh yeah, this show is happening ain't it.

Jeez, seriously forgot about this show cause of BOLA. I feel partially bad about this.

Anyways yeah Eleven is gonna be a killer show for sure.

Pretty amazing how "under the radar" this show has been. But I think they're gonna pull out all the stops and blow people's minds next Saturday!!!
SlayJ

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 am

I'm heartbroken about missing this event but I just scored 4 nights at SDCC. I have 3 front row seats available for this event. Drop me an e-mail at mikewin2222@outlook.com. Really bummed I am going to miss a Guerilla Warfare Match with the Young Bucks and Steen's farewell.
Itchypanda

Postby toby80 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:22 pm

BOLA has understandably overshadowed ELEVEN, but man, this show is gonna be awesome in its own right!
toby80

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum