Ring "Overrated" Honor

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby bill1985 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:32 pm

I think what the problem is here is other fans just like one promotion and trash all the others. Am I an ROH fan? Hell yes, longer then I've been a PWG fan, but you know what? Just because I like ROH doesn't make me a snobby fan, I like a lot of promotions, ROH, PWG, CZW, IWA Mid-South, FIP, CHIKARA, WWE (it's only because I've been watching it since I was little), TNA has started to come into my life, but at first I didn't like TNA, but I didn't call the fans snobby or stupid. And I'm pretty sure that if somebody who doesn't like PWG called you a bunch of monkeys or something like that, nobody hear would like it. Just saying here as a fan of WRESTLING, just watch who you piss off because one person could clock you upside the head.
bill1985

Postby WannaB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Pro Wrestling is just like everything else in this world that people are judged by. The sports team that you are partial to, the beer you drink, etc... It can very cliq-like because a lot of us take it so seriously.

I personally prefer PWG. It's very close to my location so I'm obviously going to be exposed to it more so than ROH or any other promotion for that matter.

Not everyone takes all of it too seriously, but on occassion it can fun to rip on the fans of one promotion who do fit a particular stereotype.
WannaB

Postby Hulkushi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Pinky wrote:
Hulkushi wrote:and in my opinion, pinky is fat and needs Jenny Craig...

LMAO!! I am so glad YOU think I am fat. Boy please, after losing over 150 pounds in a year and half, I KNOW I AM NOT FAT at all!!!

Pinky

Wow.

SO THINK ABOUT IT!

ME AND YOU! THE GREATEST MATCH EVER!

LEt's throw in Tard Boy
Hulkushi

Postby litoness » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:56 pm

wow this was a chatoic thread...and all thanks to Dr. Dlok and his vendetta against ROH after they banned him from ther forums lol.

PWG, ROH, CZW...all have something to offer and all have strong points. Obviously pure fans flock to roh and hardcore flock to czw, and I've always liked PWG's sense of humor and tendency to deliver top rated shows while not taking themselves to seriously. It's the inmates running the asylum and because of that I like to escape the crazed hardcore czw fans and their chants of over-rated aimed at Danielson and the old-school ROH fans who liken Necro to a lump of dung. It's all a matter of taste and in the end I've learned you appreciate all of them the more you watch all of them. Watch as many promotions as you can and you'll get your full serving of vitamins and minerals.

don't hate...appreciate lol. That being said I love ROH first and foremost but I wouldn't dare miss a PWG show. Miss Arrogance? Are you out of your mind????

So sometimes it's fun to feel like you belong to the clique but let's not get too crazy. I'm in New York so obviously I can go to several ROH shows a year and it's a short commute to CZW but I can only get PWG on disc.

Wrestling fans need to feed themselves with as much as they can get from IWA to Chikara and back and figure out what works for them and leave others alone. ROH is probably most popular now...but it will work as a gateway drug on the east coast so it feeds SHIMMER to FIP to CZW and from that to CHIKARA and IWA and PWG grabs the west coast and everyone meets somewhere in the middle.
litoness

Postby KickToKill » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 am

anyone see this match from ROH this past april?

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, Colt Cabana, & Ace Steel vs. Super Dragon, Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, & Nate Webb (Anything Goes Match)
KickToKill

Postby dxreydx » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:43 pm

Wrestling fans are just outcasts plain and simple you don't meet new people and automatically tell them I love wrestling, don't you judge me haha
dxreydx

Postby Crazy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:00 pm

KickToKill wrote:anyone see this match from ROH this past april?

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, Colt Cabana, & Ace Steel vs. Super Dragon, Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, & Nate Webb (Anything Goes Match)

yes I was there
Crazy

Postby Matt » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:37 pm

I have to say that this was so hilarious reading through it. It should be turned into a play.

Mainly, who gives a damn what others think? There will always be some dumbass or some asshole that starts something like this. Hell, I used to be one of those guys. Point is, let RoH-haters hate RoH and have their remarks be laughed at for their stupidity. One day they'll realize their asshole-ness......hopefully.

How about everyone jsut watches and likes what they want to and doens't care what others think?
Matt

Postby Pinky » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Hulkushi wrote:
Pinky wrote:
Hulkushi wrote:and in my opinion, pinky is fat and needs Jenny Craig...

LMAO!! I am so glad YOU think I am fat. Boy please, after losing over 150 pounds in a year and half, I KNOW I AM NOT FAT at all!!!

Pinky

Wow.

SO THINK ABOUT IT!

ME AND YOU! THE GREATEST MATCH EVER!

LEt's throw in Tard Boy

Greatest match of your life and leave Tard Boy out of the cono.
Pinky

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:18 am

Matt wrote:I have to say that this was so hilarious reading through it. It should be turned into a play.

Mainly, who gives a damn what others think? There will always be some dumbass or some asshole that starts something like this. Hell, I used to be one of those guys. Point is, let RoH-haters hate RoH and have their remarks be laughed at for their stupidity. One day they'll realize their asshole-ness......hopefully.

How about everyone jsut watches and likes what they want to and doens't care what others think?

This was the funniest post of the thread. :roll:

It's only slightly hypocritical of you to say it doesn't matter what others think and then look down on those that think ROH is a stinking pile of shit.
Aaron

Previous

Return to General Discussion