Pushing Foward Back

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Pushing Foward Back

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am

The next show looks pretty dope. OINK is still getting booked, whatever. But the rest looks awesome. Super excited to see Sammy Guevara and Rey Horus debuting. And there is a very good chance we get a title change.
eastbay510

Re: Pushing Foward Back

Postby toby80 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 am

Yes this looks like a really strong card.

Seeing Chuckie T win the title would be a real moment, if it does indeed happen.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 am

Either way this title match has historic ramifications. Either Chuck becomes PWG Champion, or Zack wins and because there are no title defenses BOLA weekend he passes Adam Cole in September and becomes longest reigning PWG champion.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Card change-Fenix is out, so Keith Lee has been added to Rush vs. Trent? to make it a 3-way.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Really hope this isn't gonna be some issues for PWG to stop booking Fenix and Penta or have them drop the tag titles soon, similar worry regarding Matt Riddle as well and hopefully despite him double booking himself awhile back, won't cause PWG to stop booking Riddle as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

Some thoughts:

-When they let us in there were two security gaurds. One was a woman who said she was only checking women. These two girls from way back in line took that as an invitation to walk to the front of the line. That was some bullshit.

-show started with Rey Horus vs Sammy Guevara. Both guys have great gear, Horus in particular has an incredible look. It makes such a big difference when guys take pride in their appearance, makes them look major league. Sammy is heel in the match, which he tonned down from what he usaully does, normally I find he is so heavily heel it takes away from the match. Both guys looked tremendous, Guevara could be a major player going foward, tons of charisma and an awesome wrestler. Horus was a better in ring worker, which I get the impression was an intentional decision to highlight him. Rey did one of the craziest dives I've ever seen. I loved this so much and both guys need to be back.

-Bucks vs Unbreakable Fucking Machines. It was ok. Lots of fun when Bucks were on offense. People really need to pay attention when guys get sent to the outside. Some dude with an entire pitcher of beer walked in front of Cage as he was flying. I was stuck and almost got squashed. Cage and Elgin definatly got more boos than cheers.

-Lee vs Trent vs Rush. Solid match, exactly what you would expect(sorry I don't have more details than that, but a lot of these matches kinda felt good but just there). The most memorable parts of the match is there was a pinfall (don't remember who) and someone didn't kick out in time and Justin stopped counting at 2 and it looked super awkward. He got the "fuck you Justin chant". Than less than 20 seconds later Trent hit the Dude Buster on Lee and the exact same thing happened again, except Justin's hand actually did hit the mat the third time this time. It was 2. I have never seen anybody get as much heat in PWG as Justin got for that.

-4 way involving Sami Callihan's friends. It happened, I wish it didn't. I do like Xavier though.

-Trevor vs Ricochet. Again, really good, not really memorable.

-Main event time. This was amazing, as in one of the best PWG matches ever. So much drama with Zack trying to test how much he could get away with before Knox disqualified him, then he just tried to get the DQ, which bit him in the ass as Chuck brought in tacks and Knox let it continue. Zack was amazing here, full prick mode, anyone who says he is boring is insane. Chuck the overwhelming babyface obviously. Great drama with the nearfalls as everyone bought every one. Absolutely must see match. If I were to do stars I would give it ****3/4, it was that great.

-So overall great opener, great main event. Everything in between was solid, but forgettable with one dud. But for those two matches this is definitely a must buy DVD. Highly recommended.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 am

I'm really looking forward to watching the Rey Horus vs. Sammy Guevara match. It's always exciting seeing guys debut in PWG (particularly when they leave a good impression).

Spoiler: show
And the main event is one of those must-see PWG matches/moments. So happy for Chuck!
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Keep in mind the opener isn't balls to the wall like I guess a lot of people were expecting. Which is a really smart move since everyone else does that when they debut.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:48 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Keep in mind the opener isn't balls to the wall like I guess a lot of people were expecting. Which is a really smart move since everyone else does that when they debut.

Oh no yeah I'm fine with that. Better they leave a few tricks up their sleeves!
toby80

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum