Jamboree wrote:I was fully expecting The Briscoes appearing some way during the weekend, and that was kind of a disappointment for me.
And finally, where did the Kings Of Wrestling go after their match? I expected this whole speech from Claudio and a big standing ovation and the whole nine.
Yeah, I really really wanted to see The Briscoes too. Who knows what (if anything) happened with them (no clue where they would have fit into the card either) But hopefully PWG has plans for them next month, like maybe against the KOW! (I know ROH has it booked for Dec 22nd, but I want it in PWG damn it)
I don't know if this is the last of Claudio in PWG. Hero has the Dec 2nd and 16th shows on his date list, maybe Claudio will appear with him on one of those. If so he could get a proper send off then. I think matches against the Briscoes or Shelley/Sabin would be musts.
Here's some poorly written show details and thoughts
- Crowd looked to be down from last night
- Tornado-Petey was fine. Afterward Petey hit THE MOVE on Tornado, and Joey ran in and reclaimed the belt.
- Cabana-Daniels: A pure comedy match. Not a bad one at that. But my favorite part was the Excalibur bit at the beginning. I'm forgetting what lead up to it, but I cracked up when Excalibur pointed to the back of his Guns N' Roses shirt and yelled "Axl was here"! Gotta love Axl.
- Arrogance-Frankie/M-Dogg was enjoyable and solid. Surprised it was Frankie who took the fall.
- Sky-Homicide: Sky enters dressed as a gangsta and cuts a funny promo on Homicide. Good enough match, but I honestly don't remember a whole lot from it. Sky steals one after the distraction of Jade Chung.
- AJ Vs. Romero was good, but I didn't think it touched their Reason for the season meeting. Good work from both of them here though. Afterward AJ completely snaps on a fan in the front row. What started that? Something about Jesus maybe? Wild guess but I'd bet the word "faggot" was used in some capacity.
- Ronin-Cannon was actually better than I thought it'd be. Worked well together... they even wore matching outfits! DVD of death finishes it for Ronin.
- Generico Vs. PAC: Amazing. Crowd was on fire for this. PAC actually surpassed my expectations (which were high to begin with). He was really smooth, and I didn't notice anything "botched" in either of his matches. After many very close near falls, Generico wins after the top rope brainbuster. "This is awesome" "Please Come Back" chants for this one were deafening after this one. One of the most fun PWG matches of the entire year. Match of the weekend for sure.
Hope to see PAC make the US Indy rounds soon. I don't think him Vs Jack Evans would be that great, but him teaming with or against Jack Evans would be something to see.
- Quicksilver-Joey was another one of those Joey title match rollercoaster rides. First Quick runs in from the crowd dressed as a fan in a replica Super Dragon mask. Then Joey removes Quicksilvers mask (he covered his face though), then Generico comes down and gives Quick one of his masks. THEN the Dynasty comes in (with Bosh dressed as Quicksilver) Joey tries to pin Bosh (ala Generico at Horror Business) but Patrick figures it out and bans the Dynasty from ring side. Then Tornado runs in from the crowd and gives Joey the "That Nigga Dead" Silver covers, but Patrick is still backstage with the Dynasty... he runs back and Joey barely kicks out at 2. A few minutes later, Joey finally finishes Quicksilver with a superkick into a chair.
Then Joey plays up only having to get past Dec 2nd show to pass one year as champ.
- 4-Way Tag: Dragon enters the ring with a freaking CHAINSAW (naturally clearing the ring) Hilarious. Match was excellent. As others have said, there was really too much to remember (100 count standing suplex from Claudio stands out though). All 4 teams got their stuff in. Very entertaining.
- Odd to see the tag title jump back and forth. But I knew it was coming since Strong has other bookings in Dec. Dragon-Davey interactions have been off the charts. Can't wait for their PWG singles match
- Crowd seemed a little disappointed when Excalibur announced the Human Tornado as Joey's Dec 2nd challenge (after giving a dramatic pause before mentioning him). Speaking of Excalibur, I thought he made a great ring announcer. Adding in the little facts and other stuff was a nice touch.
- I was impressed with all the debuting talent on the shows. Wouldn't mind seeing any of them back. I guess Tyler Black kinda got lost in the shuffle of the tag on Friday though.
- Overall, an outstanding weekend of wrestling overall, and for sure one to pick up on DVD when it's released.
- Speaking of DVDs, I finally got to pick up BOLA. Just quickly glanced at the menu screen. It's fantastic! Only the still picture of Strong really stands out. Still, best production I've ever seen on an Indy wrestling DVD (and most WWE DVDs)