Ronin a face at Next Gen Wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Ronin a face at Next Gen Wrestling

Postby curbstomp » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Ronin wrestled as a face against Charles Mercury at an event in Reseda last night (12-9-06), and he kicked major ass.
curbstomp

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:23 pm

Was he really a face? He came to the ring flipping people off! I guess that's a face today.

But anyway, I agree he looked great last night. One of my favorite Ronin matches ever. He just beat the living shit out of Charles Mercury. Then threw him a stretcher at the end. Ronin needs to let loose like this more.
TigerDriver98

Postby curbstomp » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:36 pm

He started out with a couple fingers to some little kids yeah, but he was getting so many pops from the crowd, and Mercury was playing his heel attitude against the crowd's positive reactions to Ronin. Somewhere in the first minute or so Ronin went face, and it worked brilliantly.

The chair spot was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Probably my favorite Ronin match ever. His match against Nemesis at Threemendous runs a close second. I think he should seriously consider exploring the role of a face a little more. He played it so well.
curbstomp

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Yeah, whatever Ronin did against Mercury, he definitely needs to try to stick with it.

The chair bit was pretty freaking cool. Not sure if they will ever release the show on DVD but I'd really like to see that match again. Guess we'll have to wait for "Ronin Evolution vol 1"

I see the potential in a bad ass face Ronin (sort of in the Super Dragon mold) His reactions in PWG are getting bigger every show (not the "Hello Kitty" crap either) and he's shown improvements lately as both a wrestler and a character. So if he can keep it up, I think we'll be seeing some great matches for Ronin in 2007.
TigerDriver98

Postby BoshSauce9000 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:03 am

The show was in reseda? the flyer said el monte thats the only reason I didnt go.
BoshSauce9000

Postby curbstomp » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:47 am

Sorry, my bad. Yeah it was El Monte.
curbstomp

Return to General Discussion