Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:33 am

anybody else want to give thoughts on the match with the locals?? i was hoping they'd do well.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:23 pm

April 20th and 21st and May 25th will be PWG's last shows in the Legion Hall.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:anybody else want to give thoughts on the match with the locals?? i was hoping they'd do well.

In my opinion, I think they did fine and tried to go all out but apparently Jake Atlas got injured at some point that may have effected the match

pwggrodd wrote:I can't wait to see how Lee's title reign goes. Hoping for a title defense both nights if the rumors of an April double shot are accurate.

I do hope Keith’s title defense isn’t Chuck rematch or even Trent at least not yet, I would prefer defending possibly against Scurll, Ospreay, Penta, or Guevara instead
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 am

eastbay510 wrote:One more thing on the locals. I really hope this match didn't close the door for them. I think Brody should still be in PWG, even though he is still kinda green. And I would love for Jacob Fatu(when his PCW contract is up) and Karl Fredricks to get a shot at some point.

i'd like to see fatu as well. glad to see king will be back, i'm not really sold on his partner tyler bateman though i haven't actually seen much of him to be honest. hopefully he makes a believer out of me.

it's sad in way to see PWG say goodbye to reseda, but at the same time i'm excited to hopefully be able to attened PWG again in the future.

is it safe to assume the venue they most recently used will be the one they are moving to??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 am

Most sources I've seen say that PWG will run mostly at The Globe, but it won't be the only PWG venue.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:50 am

pwggrodd wrote:April 20th and 21st and May 25th will be PWG's last shows in the Legion Hall.

End of an era, man ...
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

Man. Crazy times. Leaving the Legion Hall brings up mixed emotions for me. On one hand there have been so many amazing matches/moments/memories. On the other, it's time to move up. I loved everything about the Globe besides the lighting, and it is cool that we now have a venue comparable to those great UK buildings.

But about All Star Weekend, good Lord. I love how these shows have everything. Obviously I am beyond hyped about Eagles. And being in a triple threat with Guevarra and Flash is a good way to debut. You know they will do a bunch of crazy shit. Besides Eagles I am super excited about both of Bandito's matches, the N2 main event, and King/Bateman vs Ringkampf is very interesting to me, I don't know what to expect.

One story I find very interesting is Sammy Guevarra. I thought he was done in PWG after the Fenix injury. So glad to see him back. Also Sammy is still undefeated in PWG besides the Cobb match at BOLA. Gonna be super interesting to see if he wins both of his matches at All Star Weekend. If so how can he not be in line for a title shot? And he and Keith have a lot of history going back to their Texas roots. That is a match I personally am dying to see.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 am

does the new venue have the same type of security with the patdowns before entering?? like where you can't have a a pack of gum or coughdrops in your pocket??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 pm

I was just thinking that PWG could very likely hit show #200 by year's end. The May show will be show #193, and there's almost definitely going to be an anniversary show in July and probably another three show BOLA rumored in November. That would be 197 shows, with no shows scheduled yet for June, August, September, October, and December. Actually, it might fall during BOLA.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:58 am

Looks like Jeff Cobb's in Australia on May 25th/26th. So, there may not be a tag title defense on the last Reseda show, depending on how ASW XIV Night One goes. :cry:
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am

So new venue, new ring announcer, I wish PWG had new belts that looked decent. I'd even donate if they had a go fund me or whatever.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 pm

who is the new ring announcer??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:55 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:who is the new ring announcer??

Christian Cole. No disrespect to Angelo, but this is a huge upgrade.
eastbay510

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm

I totally spaced on tickets to all star weekend. Anyone got any extra? Both nights if possible.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Looking at the results for EVOLVE 103 just now, and I don't think Keith Lee's going to be around much longer.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:does the new venue have the same type of security with the patdowns before entering?? like where you can't have a a pack of gum or coughdrops in your pocket??

To answer this question, the Globe Theater does not do patdowns, they are fine with people bringing their cigerettes and vape pens

Speaking of which, if the next show is in June and back in the Globe Theater, I wonder if PWG considers running a show on June 11 or 12 because around that time will be E3, which happens around the same area anyways. and while its a video game trade show and all that doesn't involve much with wrestling, there is still crossover appeal there and there's a lot wrestling fans that attend and cover E3 as well.

pwggrodd wrote:Looking at the results for EVOLVE 103 just now, and I don't think Keith Lee's going to be around much longer.

Yeah but the only problem is that I can't honestly see anyone else for Keith to drop to at All Star Weekend other than WALTER but even he isn't quite clear with his status so far and I can't see Jonah Rock as champ so far since he's not exactly getting good reactions from crowds, so maybe the only other possibility is someone attacks Keith during All Star Weekend and challenges for the title if Keith is going to the WWE soon.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:39 am

Yeah, if Lee shows up at Takeover, he's not likely going to be allowed to defend in late May. Safest bet is WALTER, but even that's questionable. Might be time for somebody to step up. Speaking of that, Zack Sabre Jr. has signed a full time contract with NJPW, so he's out of EVOLVE, and if he's anything like the Young Bucks, I'd bet he won't be around much in PWG going forward either. Looks like newer guys in PWG are going to be getting some chances out of necessity.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Well neither Keith Lee nor WALTER were even at NXT Takeover, this should have been a given since Keith Lee was already working for Style Battle that was running during NXT, so for now, I guess he would keep his title maybe a bit longer until then.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Hopefully long enough for a good build to the next guy.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 am

Yeah, I have some ideas on maybe possible champions after Keith Lee but definitely hold off on giving Chuck another title run.

Also as mentioned with Fred Yehi deserving another chance, I also feel Eli Everfly deserves another chance as well I would suggest have Yehi vs. Everfly in a redemption match, basically them getting another chance and go out to try and win the crowd over plus I feel Yehi and Everfly would work well together.

Anyways, to go with my suggestion on PWG running a show at the Globe Theater during E3 weekend, I wonder if PWG is also looking into running at Globe Theater during Survivor Series weekend as well.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum