Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:40 am

Not to sound like a dick(which means I am about to say something that makes me sound like a dick) but these last few months without Sami, Sydal, Trevor, and Cage have been fantastic. If none of them ever return (especially Callihan) I will be perfectly fine with that.

The company feels fresh right now with the locals debuting(I have turned a corner on them, I was wrong and am really excited) and Brooks gaining momentum.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 pm

So if either Zack or Jonah beat Riddle and Cobb at the next show will they be in line for a tag title shot? If so then if Zack beats Riddle I assume LDRS would get a tile match, but if Rock beats Cobb what would happen? To me this seems like a perfect time and opportunity to bring in Marcius Pitt and have Chosen Bros. Vs TMDK of Rock and Pitt.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Frankly, I agree with most of that. Sydal and Callihan offer nothing these days. Cage would be much better if he just stuck to power offense, but he never wants to do that in PWG, so unless that changes, I don't think he's worth a spot. Trevor Lee's great in CWF Mid-Atlantic, but he's become too shtick-oriented in PWG. If that changed, I'd welcome him back, though. As far as the tag situation goes, LDRS or TMDK vs. Chosen Bros. would be great matches. I'm still waiting for a damn SPPT/Bucks match, though. Or SPPT vs. Chosen Bros., or ANYONE, really.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Frankly, I agree with most of that. Sydal and Callihan offer nothing these days. Cage would be much better if he just stuck to power offense, but he never wants to do that in PWG, so unless that changes, I don't think he's worth a spot. Trevor Lee's great in CWF Mid-Atlantic, but he's become too shtick-oriented in PWG. If that changed, I'd welcome him back, though. As far as the tag situation goes, LDRS or TMDK vs. Chosen Bros. would be great matches. I'm still waiting for a damn SPPT/Bucks match, though. Or SPPT vs. Chosen Bros., or ANYONE, really.

Yeah, I gotta agree as well, like I can do without Sydal and Callihan in PWG right now especially having spots at BOLA and I do agree about Cage and Trevor, if Cage stuck to being more power based in PWG again while Trevor drops the "Born in the USA" schtick and acts more like his CWF Mid Atlantic stuff in PWG, then they could stick around but if not, I say drop them for awhile though to be fair with Cage, I thought he worked surprisingly well with Flash Morgan Webster last time. Either that or maybe start having Cage and Trevor as a team together instead.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:09 am

So yesterday I went to Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Got to see Alex "AK47" Kingston vs Eric Watts. Watts was beyond bad, but Kingston looks like an absolute superstar. I knew he was good but I didn't realize he was that good, I was really blown away, he ended up getting a solid match out of Watts.

I know I put over a lot of Aussies, but he is near the top of my wish list now. I'm really hoping we get Street Gang Hooligans vs anybody really. With the impression that Brooks and Rock have made I'm still hoping for an Aussie heavy BOLA. Eagles, Dowie, Pitt, Kingston and Logan Grey are top of my personal(just my opinion) list.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I don’t mind having a few Australian guys in BOLA but I always rather prefer BOLA be a mix of talents all over the world than just being heavy on certain talents from one specific region especially if Time is a Flat Circle does well at Globe Theatre and PWG is able to use it again for BOLA this year
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 pm

El Asian wrote:I don’t mind having a few Australian guys in BOLA but I always rather prefer BOLA be a mix of talents all over the world than just being heavy on certain talents from one specific region especially if Time is a Flat Circle does well at Globe Theatre and PWG is able to use it again for BOLA this year

I get that, but this is the first time in years I don't see a lot of Euro guys in BOLA. I don't know if Scurll will be around, seems like he and the Bucks aren't too involved with PWG these days, which is cool with me. Haskins is probally the least over guy in PWG, I love him, but I don't know what kind of future he has in PWG, he has not gotten over at all. I don't really see any Euro debuts this year. Ilja Dragunov is PWG quality, but he works a real job and last year he ran out of vacation dates for wrestling. Chris Brookes is the other guy I could possibly see with how hot he is(I hope not, I think he is massively overrated personally).

Basicly my point is I would love to see the Aussie talent in place of the European guys, with the exception of Zack, WALTER, and Flash.

Also we don't know what the future holds for Sami, Sammy, Cage, Pentagon, Fenix, Trevor, and Keith in PWG. So there should be open spots.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:I don’t mind having a few Australian guys in BOLA but I always rather prefer BOLA be a mix of talents all over the world than just being heavy on certain talents from one specific region especially if Time is a Flat Circle does well at Globe Theatre and PWG is able to use it again for BOLA this year

I get that, but this is the first time in years I don't see a lot of Euro guys in BOLA. I don't know if Scurll will be around, seems like he and the Bucks aren't too involved with PWG these days, which is cool with me. Haskins is probally the least over guy in PWG, I love him, but I don't know what kind of future he has in PWG, he has not gotten over at all. I don't really see any Euro debuts this year. Ilja Dragunov is PWG quality, but he works a real job and last year he ran out of vacation dates for wrestling. Chris Brookes is the other guy I could possibly see with how hot he is(I hope not, I think he is massively overrated personally).

Basicly my point is I would love to see the Aussie talent in place of the European guys, with the exception of Zack, WALTER, and Flash.

Also we don't know what the future holds for Sami, Sammy, Cage, Pentagon, Fenix, Trevor, and Keith in PWG. So there should be open spots.

I'm sure Fenix, Penta, and Sammy will still be around since they still have great matches when they do appear and I think Travis Banks will stick around as well but there still some European guys I can see PWG bring in at least like like Jimmy Havoc, TK Cooper, and Joe Hendry for BOLA and if PWG can, Ilja Dragunov as well and I wouldn't mind Chris Brookes, if he is booked against someone like Meiko Satomura coming up, then I'm sure he is worth bringing in for a shot.

Personally though, I would still prefer BOLA to be a combination of guys in the US, Europe, Japan, and Mexico as well as Australia but with plenty of guys debuting this year, it is tough to tell how PWG will go about in BOLA especially with BOLA possibly not being part of Labor Day weekend.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:47 pm

There's some guys that have popped up in the U.S. the past year or so who I'd like to see debut in BOLA as well. Maybe Myron Reed, Curt Stallion, and Ace Romero. I'm still hoping for Gringo Loco and DJZ too.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Forgot about Josh Briggs, too.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 am

Those are solid names, I would like to see Laredo Kid and Darby Allin get a shot as well. Hopefully Pac get his release before BOLA this year as well though I hope we see Brodie Lee, Uhaa Nation, and Samuray Del Sol in BOLA 2019 with the way things are going lately.

Anyways we got a topic to discuss people we want in PWG, so I want to bring up something that I'm not sure if I brought it up but I wonder if PWG ever considers re-releasing older shows on bluray because I think some of them, at least as far back as BOLA 2007, were filmed in HD.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Some thoughts on Time is a Flat Circle.

-The Globe is an incredible venue. I really hope this isn't a one time thing. I would love to see BOLA at this venue, if not more shows. There were six bars, air conditioning, the venue is beautiful, and there are bars and places to eat right outside. And most importantly the atmosphere was not hurt at all.

-If PWG does book the Globe again please fix the lighting, it was almost impossible to see from the side across the hard cam, it was like staring into those super bright headlights. It was awful.

-Show opens with Janela/Horus. It seemed ok, everyone else thought it was ok, I was too concentrated on the lights at this point, they were extremely distracting.

-Atlas/Everfly/James/King. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, this was terrible. It was clunky, and almost every big spot was botched, including a spot where Atlas moonsaulted into nobody to the outside. Atlas apparently injured his leg, hope it's not too serious. King looked the best of the four, but still not great. Atlas looked second best even with the moonsault spot. James was kinda just there. And Eli was beyond awful and got massive go away heat. No "please come back" chants. This killed the crowd, and I'm wondering if this closed the door for locals for a few more years.

-Xavier/Wentz vs Bandito/Flamita. These guys had an uphill battle, the previous match pretty much killed off the crowd. This woke everyone back up. These two teams have history in Dragon Gate and the chemistry showed. With two matches that were not hot to start the show this had to deliver, and it did that. Great match with tons of crazy shit. The post match was amazing. There was a standing ovation that seemed to last for 5 minuites, all four got over huge, but the crowd went nuts for Bandito.

-Brooks vs Ospreay. Match of the night easily. This is Will's return to PWG after making it to the BOLA 2016 finals, so he is much more over to start the match. These two have amazing chemistry, and Will pretty much made it his goal to help Brooks become a star, so they are pretty much doing everything. Great drama, near falls, exactly what you expect. By the end of this is isn't crazy to say Brooks had more fan support. Brooks is gonna be a huge part of PWG going forward, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a deep BOLA run this year.

-Rock vs Cobb. Really good Match, probally my fourth best match(which is not an insult). Two big dudes beating the crap out of each other and lots of Germans. Simple story, but really good stuff.

-Zack vs Riddle. Normally the crowd boos Zack, but with the NJPW Cup he is crazy over. I also find it funny how WWN's main event for WrestleMania weekend is an undercard match on this show. Really good Match, everyone else thought this was great.

-Chuck vs Lee, PWG World Title. Thiswas kinda dull to be honest. I never bought Keith winning for a second until the second Spirit Bomb landed. This is one of the most shocking title changes to me. Keith crying while giving his promo. He talks about how one year ago he debuted in PWG and now he is champ, and that the crowd has been behind him since day one. Great moment to cap off a great show.

-Once again, PWG, if you run the Globe again(please do) please fix the lighting. Thanks.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Lee winning is the right call. Taylor will always be over, but I just don't think he's long-term material. Lee, on the other hand, can be.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:40 pm

*Long-term leader material, I meant to say.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
-The Globe is an incredible venue. I really hope this isn't a one time thing. I would love to see BOLA at this venue, if not more shows. There were six bars, air conditioning, the venue is beautiful, and there are bars and places to eat right outside. And most importantly the atmosphere was not hurt at all.

Don't forget the bathroom attendent as well

pwggrodd wrote:Lee winning is the right call. Taylor will always be over, but I just don't think he's long-term material. Lee, on the other hand, can be.

Yeah, hopefully that means Keith isn't going anywhere for the time being as well

Anyways, latest news I'm hearing is either 4/20 or 4/21 for the next show, might be back in Reseda as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 pm

I've heard that there probably never was a deal for Lee to go to the WWE now. But even if there was, it sometimes takes months for the process to be completed, so I think Lee will be around for a while regardless. I get the feeling that, even if the plan is to move to the Globe full-time, they may not go back before BOLA (strongly rumored for November this year.)
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 am

One more thing on the locals. I really hope this match didn't close the door for them. I think Brody should still be in PWG, even though he is still kinda green. And I would love for Jacob Fatu(when his PCW contract is up) and Karl Fredricks to get a shot at some point.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 am

I hate restroom attendants :evil:

I really liked the Globe. The production values seemed at least on par with TNA and ROH and the setting didn't interfere with the overall atmosphere. just hope the increase in revenue outweighs the increase in cost.

The con of course were the beer price. $8 for a can! But I guess they made up for it since a lot of people were able to bring in joints and vape pens so it wasn't as necessary to drink as much considering weed was readily available. Plus most people saved money on gas or uber considering the location was far better than Reseda for the majority.

I'm really looking forward to this on BluRay. I hope everyone liked the venue as much as I did.
shyboy13

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:03 am

One more thing. I think the locals delivered and in fact were one of the better matches on the card. And that is saying something considering every match was good. The lowest match was probably 3.75 stars which is still a very good number.

I did meet a toothless hillbilly though who said his local Nebraska feds were better than PWG even if the workers are full time mechanics who don't own ring gear.
shyboy13

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:18 pm

I can't wait to see how Lee's title reign goes. Hoping for a title defense both nights if the rumors of an April double shot are accurate.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum