Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Yehi/Everfly would be interesting since it's a classic high-flyer vs. mat wrestler match-up. As far as PWG's venue future goes, I wonder if they might not find a smaller venue to run B shows at, and just leave The Globe for things like All Star Weekends, Anniversaries, and BOLA (and DDT4, on the unlikely chance that that ever comes back.)
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm not sure about PWG running E3 weekend, as it's only 3 weeks after the May show.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I'm not sure about PWG running E3 weekend, as it's only 3 weeks after the May show.

Probably unless PWG announces it ahead of time or work with a somewhat large gaming company to help sponsor the show at Globe Theater during E3 weekend, possibly like Devolver Digital or the company publishing Fire Pro or something
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 am

Trevor Lee tweeted something about going to a hospital this morning and missing his scheduled AAW appearance tonight. Might be something to keep an eye on with All Star Weekend being next week.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm

From what I heard, PWG might skip on a June show to focus on a July 13 show and at the Globe Theater, which is fine. Anyways with the final Reseda show so far upon us on May 20 but I also just find out that CIMA from Dragon Gate will be working a show in Vegas on May 12, hopefully CIMA will be be around and available for May 20 because it really fitting for CIMA to be part of PWG's last show in Reseda since he was also part of PWG's first very show in Reseda as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am

No such luck. Rumors going around that the card revealed last night was booked before the issue with possibly leaving Reseda came to light to Dragon. If he had known that this could be the last PWG show, he'd have booked something bigger.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:44 pm

https://vimeo.com/267335415

Mini doc on Adam Brooks.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 pm

I tried to get a ticket to the last Reseda show but was unsuccessful. Really sucks cuz I'm one of the very few (almost zero) old school fans who continued to go throughout the years. I was at the first Reseda show and it would have been cool to see their last. I'll buy th Bluray but it's not the same.

Oh well. I'm sad but out with the old and in with the new. I was at the first Globe show so hopefully I'll be able to be at their last too. I've been a fan cor over 13 years so maybe I'll be around another 13.
shyboy13

Postby pwggrodd » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Well, Threemendous V (July 13th) and the three nights of BOLA this year (September 14th-16th) are all at The Globe. So if there are ever going to be anymore Legion Hall shows, they aren't going to be soon. Long breaks between shows here, too-7 weeks between Bask in His Glory and Threemendous V, and 9 weeks between Threemendous V and BOLA. Betting there will be a long break after BOLA too.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 04, 2018 7:22 am

Taiji Ishimori is the newest roster member of New Japan. Not sure I'd expect to see him back very soon.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun May 06, 2018 9:43 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Taiji Ishimori is the newest roster member of New Japan. Not sure I'd expect to see him back very soon.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting Ishimori in PWG for awhile because of him joining NJPW but who knows, maybe we'll see him team up with the Bucks or Scurll every now and then.

pwggrodd wrote:No such luck. Rumors going around that the card revealed last night was booked before the issue with possibly leaving Reseda came to light to Dragon. If he had known that this could be the last PWG show, he'd have booked something bigger.

Yeah, really damn shame, I would hope maybe Dragon could change up the show last minute to see CIMA would be available or not, especially since CIMA is bringing his OWE students from China to the Vegas show and given how well they impressed at a Dragon Gate show recently, I believe most of them are trained Shaolin monks, it would have been a very interesting showcase match for PWG if they were able to book it ahead of time.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Flash Morgan Webster's booked on a 205 Live show. Looks like he may not be around much longer.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Yeah and I'm hearing Travis Banks may have signed as well
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Well, guess we're never getting that SPPT/Bucks match. Human Tornado's hinting at wanting a retirement match in PWG. I doubt it will happen, but Threemendous V would be a good show to do it, if it did.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 am

So is this the end of the UK era for PWG? Zack is back in the UK and is mostly working NJPW and it seems he is done doing US indys. I wonder if he is done in PWG as far as a regular. Marty hasn't been around, and to be honest that's fine, personally I can do without Bullet Club members(still love me some Bucks though). PWG isn't touching the WWE UK guys, which I like, I'd rather see PWG find new dudes than get in bed with WWE. And with the UK guys having air tight schedules I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to get guys with three nights free on BOLA, and honestly I can't think of any UK guys I am dying to see debut(Brookes is the only one I can see people clamouring for). And without Trav I don't know if I see TK Cooper debuting(I would still love to see It, that match vs Guevara sounds awesome). I really think this is it for the UK invasion, and if it is I am ok with that.

It seems like the focus now is Australia, Lucha, Locals, and other US talent.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Frankly, most of the other UK guys I would've wanted to see are all going to get signed by the WWE so nobody else can have them. I guess Kyle Fletcher and Dunkzilla Davis might not; I'd like to see them. That's it though. Time for PWG to start trawling Australia and the indies again.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 pm

It might pay off to start looking at using WALTER's Germany connections too.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm sure Sabre, Scurll, and Ospreay will be around whenever they are available, I highly doubt we've seem the last of them in PWG but with UK guys WWE has so far now, I guess all there is left for PWG could bring in since none of their names are reported in being signed or have interest towards, is Jimmy Havoc, Joe Hendry. and Jordan Devlin, which honestly is fine there.

I guess one thing PWG could also consider is reestablish relationships with NJPW and Dragon Gate to bring in their stars for some shows.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 am

I should note that the word going around is these contracts the UK guys have been signing have clauses allowing the WWE to cut them at either the four or eight month mark. So, I'd say it's fairly likely that if the ITV World of Sport revival doesn't work out, they'll be cutting most or all of these guys.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 am

Also, pretty much any UK-based promotion other than PROGRESS and ICW can't use the WWE UK guys at all anymore. WWE's monopoly is so terrible for fans. On a British Isles note, I'd like the Big Hangovers (Jordan Devlin and Sean Guinness) to get a shot.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum