The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:48 am

RatedRorayJames wrote:
El Asian wrote:Random suggestion, how would everyone feel if PWG brought in the Hardy Boys for a special appearance?

It would depend on who they're working? I'd actually love a match with Best Friends. comedy gold.

That would work best, besides Leaders of the New School maybe, too many companies are treading the well and booking them against the Bucks, would like to see someone else freshen things up at least.

eastbay510 wrote:So Mark Haskins is heading to Evolve. Can't wait to see him back in PWG.

Yeah, I was kinda expecting Haskins to return for the March 18 show but that was already filled up, so can't complain about that.

Now with PWG already booking new guys we've been mentioning lately, I guess I would ask who is left the but I would say Jonathan Gresham, Joey Janela, David Starr, Donovan Dijak, Jimmy Havoc, and Sammy Guervara are the most requested suggestions left though there have been other suggestions, from myself as well, I say the guys mentioned I would expect those to debut by BOLA at least.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

I don't think we will get David Starr now that Shane Strickland is being booked, but who knows. I still wanna see Travis Banks bad, he had a killer breakout year last year, and I expect him to turn some heads WM weekend. I was talking to Zack on Saturday, a guy he said he wants to see in PWG is (formerly Big Daddy) Walter. Walter is absolutely on fire so far this year, he and Axel Dieter Jr.(who is also on fire) had a killer match with TK Cooper and Travis Banks in Progress last month. Would absolutely love to see all 4 men in BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I, for one, would like to see the Motor City Machine Guns back again. Even if it's just for just one event, like DDT4...
OSKMIA

Postby RatedRorayJames » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

I would love to see Ethan Page back in PWG.

Anyone know if there are problems or he just never got brought back??
RatedRorayJames

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 am

I get the feeling they weren't interested in booking him without Josh Alexander-who first retired for almost a year with a neck injury, then came back, only to almost immediately get into U.S. border troubles. And David Starr and Shane Strickland are both booked for CZW's Best of The Best tournament, so maybe they're over what ever stupid issue they had. Or are at least willing to work on the same shows, if not in the same match.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Yeah, whatever issues Strickland and Starr have, they'd have to suck it up and keep it professional if any company, especially PWG, is booking them on the same show.

Also, word is going around Jack Swagger got his release, now depending if he continues to wrestle, would anyone like or expect him to be booked probably by BOLA this year?
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:48 am

i think if paired up with the right guy josh barnett could be interesting to see on a PWG show. a match up with cobb sounds cool.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:26 pm

I saw something intresting on the Twitter. Jimmy Havoc is wrestling Cody Rhodes in Georgia on April 22nd. That is the day after the next PWG show. I wonder if we are gonna see him debut on the 21st?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:43 pm

That would be pretty awesome, but I guess we have to wait until after this Saturday to find out. A "DIE JIMMY DIE" chant in the Legion Hall would be a pretty cool thing to hear and see. I've been seeing rumors about PWG looking to run more shows again-if this happens, more new guys are going to have to come in, and Havoc would certainly be a good one to get.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Also, Kyle O'Reilly has started making the rounds around smaller indies after a short break. Hope he finds his way back.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 pm

If Havoc isn't in Reseda on April 21'st I wouldn't be shocked if he is brought in at a later date. I fully expect him to have an even larger cult following after Orlando. He is one of the 3 Progress male debuts that weekend along with TK(who Gabe Sapolsky called one of his favorite guys to watch on Twitter) and Travis. I fully expect all 3 to get over huge. Really looking forward to that weekend.

Personally I hope WWE goes crazy this year with signings so we can get a bunch of debuts. Only so many spots unfortunately.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Bobby Fish is taking independent bookings starting March 27th.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i think if paired up with the right guy josh barnett could be interesting to see on a PWG show. a match up with cobb sounds cool.

oh shit that match is actually happening soon at the AWS/QPW joint show. would still like to see josh in PWG, especially if the match with cobb turns out well.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 am

i'd still like to see kevin kross. hopefully he gets more recognition soon for the stuff he's doing in mexico.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby lunatic903 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 am

we need some so cal flavor back in PWG i think Eli Everfly Tyler Bateman Douglas James would be great addtions plus i would love to see B Boy Ryan Taylor and Scorpio Sky brought back
lunatic903

Postby OSKMIA » Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm

I still think that Orange Cassidy should make his debut... PWG needs some comedic wrestlers, you know take it back to the old school days of PWG, mix it up a bit. Plus he's super underrated wrestler.

OSKMIA

Postby El Asian » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 pm

lunatic903 wrote:we need some so cal flavor back in PWG i think Eli Everfly Tyler Bateman Douglas James would be great addtions plus i would love to see B Boy Ryan Taylor and Scorpio Sky brought back

I agree with these suggestions though Ryan Taylor is someone I can take it or leave it but suggesting other local names I would include be Adrian Quest, "Uptown" Andy Brown, JR Kratos, Ryan Kidd, Brody King, and Tito Escondido. As for bringing back local guys, like I mentioned previously, I would like to see Sky and B-Boy return to PWG as a tag team, mostly I like the idea of 2 long time PWG veterans joining forces, also would like to see Peter Avalon, Ray Rosas, Famous B, and Lil' Cholo return as well. I mean for local guys, you can always book them in the opening match and just let them all go out since locals that debut in PWG will definitely try to go all out to impress people plus all it would take is just add as an 8th match to the card. Who knows if it'll happen but I would like to see for the local guys that have never wrestled in PWG to book them in a 4 or 6 way match where the winner earns a spot in BOLA.

Also I know there's been wariness for PWG to bring in new females but maybe give local females a shot since PWG isn't willing to fly them out unless they are in the area, especially with Candice more than likely on her way out anyways, maybe like Shayna Balszler, Heather Monroe, Sage Sin Supreme, or Hania the Howling Huntress.

OSKMIA wrote:I still think that Orange Cassidy should make his debut... PWG needs some comedic wrestlers, you know take it back to the old school days of PWG, mix it up a bit. Plus he's super underrated wrestler.

Completely agree with Orange Cassidy, out of the guys part of The Colony, one of his best matches and I really thought that could be a big break out match for him was his match against Vin Gerard in Chikara when he dons the Fire Ant gimmick. Turns out Silver Ant and Soldier Ant have gained the most success outside of beings Ants, and if anyone is wondering, its Tracy Williams and Drew Gulak. Hell, I thought Orange would be booked with Chuck with Gargano leaving and Trent working NJPW a lot by that time.
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm

El Asian wrote:Completely agree with Orange Cassidy, out of the guys part of The Colony, one of his best matches and I really thought that could be a big break out match for him was his match against Vin Gerard in Chikara when he dons the Fire Ant gimmick. Turns out Silver Ant and Soldier Ant have gained the most success outside of beings Ants, and if anyone is wondering, its Tracy Williams and Drew Gulak. Hell, I thought Orange would be booked with Chuck with Gargano leaving and Trent working NJPW a lot by that time.

Yeah, he's over due for a debut. Plus I think he's gonna get over, super quick with the crowd.
OSKMIA

Postby skitch » Sat May 13, 2017 10:30 am

I would really like to see Jay White get another shot. His match with Marty was kind of underwhelming, but after having seen him live in ROH a few times and having watched his match against Marty for OTT, I think he can really tear it up in PWG.
skitch

Postby pwggrodd » Sat May 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Everybody's raving about his match against Will Ospreay for ROH last night. Word is he really held his own. Maybe Marty just wasn't the right guy to put him with? But I'd definitely say yes to another appearance.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum