The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 am

i would like to see harry DB smith jr back. wouldn't mind KES but prefer him for singles.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 pm

So Kawato is going on excursion after FantasticaMania. I really REALLY hope he gets booked and has a Tozawa type run.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i would like to see harry DB smith jr back. wouldn't mind KES but prefer him for singles.
i completely agree though I prefer for PWG to bring Killer Elite Squad together, with War Machine gone and it’s likely we won’t see Unbreakable F’n Machines together anymore, be nice for another power based team in PWG

eastbay510 wrote:So Kawato is going on excursion after FantasticaMania. I really REALLY hope he gets booked and has a Tozawa type run.
Completely agree with this, I really hope Kawato does more indie bookings and not being stuck working ROH where they completely do nothing with them like other NJPW guys going on a US excursion
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

PWG could use some more tag teams and some more tag matches in general. Even when the average show is just seven matches now, I don't feel that one tag match per show is enough. Should be two.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:57 am

the machines just teamed together at Beyond wrestling didn't they?? why is it unlikely to see them in the future??

i'd like to see reno scum, those guys are pretty underrated imo.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 am

I don't want to get into what's going on too much, but let's just say Elgin's bookings in the U.S. have gone down quite a bit lately. I wouldn't really expect to see him in PWG again.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

Jordan Devlin's debuting in the U.S. on march 16th at a PCW show. I wonder if PWG will put in a call.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Jordan Devlin's debuting in the U.S. on march 16th at a PCW show. I wonder if PWG will put in a call.

Is he still with WWE? if so I don't see it. It appers PWG won't touch the WWE UK guys.

If he isn't with WWE I would love to see it. He has been killing it in OTT over the last year.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am

Jordan was never with the WWE.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah, there probably isn't an issue here Devlin, at this rate PWG might as still try to book guys Trent Seven and Tyler Bate and bring back Dunne and Andrews since WWE has no problem with those guys working other indies still and I haven't heard anything about WWE removing UK guys yet and hell, if anything, Lucha Underground has been removing guys from shows lately, probably why Penta, Fenix, and Cobb aren't at Neon Knights.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

LU doesn't start shooting again until March-but they have already pulled some guys from March cards. WWE does pull Dunne, Bate, Seven and Andrews once every few weeks though. The odd thing is that it was reported that Jimmy Havoc had passed WWE's physical, and was going to be or did sign, but he's never appeared on WWE programming and continues to take all of the same bookings he did. Don't really know what happened there. I'd like to see him in PWG, but no sooner would they book him than WWE would suddenly activate him and pull him. Anyway, I saw that the Ugly Ducklings are taking a booking in Cali on April 14th-I wonder if PWG will run a show around that time. I've been thinking PWG needs some new tag teams, and I can think of three in NC that would fit the bill-the Ugly Ducklings, The Workhorsemen (Anthony Henry and James Drake, who'd be good gains as singles too) and the GymNasty Boyz.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Just heard Aussie wrestler Dowie James will be in the States for non wrestling related vacation activities end of April through beginning of May. I would LOVE if he stopped by Reseda. Him and Brooks have probally the best rivalry going on over there, they have had a bunch of tremendous matches.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

pwggrodd wrote:LU doesn't start shooting again until March-but they have already pulled some guys from March cards. WWE does pull Dunne, Bate, Seven and Andrews once every few weeks though. The odd thing is that it was reported that Jimmy Havoc had passed WWE's physical, and was going to be or did sign, but he's never appeared on WWE programming and continues to take all of the same bookings he did. Don't really know what happened there. I'd like to see him in PWG, but no sooner would they book him than WWE would suddenly activate him and pull him. Anyway, I saw that the Ugly Ducklings are taking a booking in Cali on April 14th-I wonder if PWG will run a show around that time. I've been thinking PWG needs some new tag teams, and I can think of three in NC that would fit the bill-the Ugly Ducklings, The Workhorsemen (Anthony Henry and James Drake, who'd be good gains as singles too) and the GymNasty Boyz.

WorkHorsemen are indeed dope. Haven't seen fhe other two teams to be honest.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Just heard Aussie wrestler Dowie James will be in the States for non wrestling related vacation activities end of April through beginning of May. I would LOVE if he stopped by Reseda. Him and Brooks have probally the best rivalry going on over there, they have had a bunch of tremendous matches.

https://youtu.be/lEeBaYYSUI0
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 pm

The Ducklings do a lot of neat double team stuff. The GymNasty Boys are a comedy gimmick team, but their in-ring work is actually really good too. I think they'd have a great debut if they were put against each other. If Dowie James and Adam Brooks renewed their rivalry in Reseda, they'd burn the building down.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:38 pm

I hope Fred Yehi gets another chance now that he's left EVOLVE. If Starr did, Yehi should.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 am

So with Eagles debuting, who was the number 1 guy I wanted to see debut, I was thinking who would be my number 1 now.

And by the way I hope this doesn't come off as bitchy, but just for fun my personal top 5 debuts I wanna see now are:

-Logan Grey
-Alex Kingston
-Darius Lockhart
-Jacob Fatu
-Karl Fredricks

Grey and Kingston are wrestling Mustache Mountain on the Progress Perth show, and I fully expect that to be a coming out party for the Street Gang Hooligans, and the fact that it is on a Progress card and will hit demand Progress is a great sign for them. Grey in particular is a can't miss prospect.

To me Lockhart is the best young guy on the southern indys. This year he is reminding my of Ciampa with the way he kills people with knee strikes.

And last night at APW I saw Fatu and Fredricks have a killer match in front of a dead crowd. Both guys have killer looks, charisma, and tons of potential. Definitely the best guys in NorCal. Since the SoCal guys are getting booked I really hope PWG takes a shot with a couple of NorCal(Reno, whatever) guys.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:34 pm

Weirdly, I was gonna suggest PWG to give Hangman Page a shot after his match with Jay White but PWG already went ahead and did it anyways and to be honest, I wasn't really a huge on Page up until his match with White, still I'm sure he'll have a fantastic match against Keith Lee coming up.

Anyways, as for Jacob Fatu, he should get a spot though personally, I don't understand any logic on why wrestlers sign exclusive deals to certain indie companies especially those that restrict bookings from other companies, its the same bullshit that has killed many careers with many Chikara guys and to me its dumb if PCW has pull to restrict guys from working for something like PWG since that would entail more notice in the future
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:07 pm

People on Twitter want PCO in BOLA, and PCO is tweeting about it too. 2018 is insanity.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:13 pm

eastbay510 wrote:People on Twitter want PCO in BOLA, and PCO is tweeting about it too. 2018 is insanity.

Actually, I was just thinking how PWG could bring in some old dudes after watching Joey Janela's Spring Break and PCO is definitely someone I would really love to see for a BOLA appearance, hell I remember maybe sometime ago when Kevin Steen and El Generico were breaking out in PWG, I wouldn't have minded PWG brought in PCO back then. Another old guy who seems he can still go that worked Joey Janela's Spring Break that I wouldn't mind get a BOLA appearance is Mikey Whipwreck.

And speaking of Joey Janela, I wonder if Janela would consider having Penelope Ford at ringside with him in PWG soon like he does at other companies.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum