Prince on Friday, May 20th

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Prince on Friday, May 20th

Postby Jack » Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Earlier today, PWG announced on their Twitter page (@OfficialPWG) the card for their next show, entitled "Prince."

Singles Match
Roderick Strong vs. Sami Callihan

Singles Match
Marty Scurll vs. Mark Andrews

Singles Match
Chris Hero vs. "Mr. Athletic" Jeff Cobb

Singles Match
Drew Galloway vs. Brian Cage

Singles Match
"The Party Peacock" Dalton Castle vs. Adam Cole

Singles Match
Andrew Everett vs. Trevor Lee

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Zack Sabre, Jr. (Champion) vs. Michael Elgin (Challenger)

Tickets for Prince go on sale this Thursday at 8PM PDT!
Jack

Re: Prince on Friday, May 20th

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 03, 2016 8:54 am

The one day I'm away from my computer is the day they finally announce a card. Sucks that it's not DDT4, and is yet another show with no tags at all, but-this card is pretty cool. Callihan/Strong should be super stiff, Jeff Cobb finally coming in is GREAT news, Dalton Castle getting booked again, Everett/Lee is always at least a good match, possibly even a great one, and I think Sabre/ Elgin is a really interesting clash of styles.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Honestly I think Elgin vs Sabre could be much more than "a really interesting clash of styles", I honestly believe this could be a MOTYC. Both guys work that stiff Japanese style, and both guys have worked extensivly in Japan. I am extremely excited about this one.

Cobb/Hero is a must match as well. The rest of the card is solid, but these two I am dying to see.
eastbay510

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:36 pm

I think the Reseda crowd will go nuts if Castle opened up the show and he comes out in a Prince outfit.

I also think it would be a great idea if we bring purple streamers and make it rain on the Main Event.
The Franchise13

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:04 am

No disrespect to Prince at all. But we just used streamers at the last show. Streamers only mean something when they are used on rare occasion. I heard a couple on Twitter say they are gonna wear purple shirts. I like that idea.
eastbay510

Postby loserkings007 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Sadly another show I'll miss due to being at work while tickets go on sale
loserkings007

Postby El Asian » Thu May 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Looks great though I do wish we got some tag matches on these cards.

Also, might be on my end or slow process to load than usual but I could only get standing room this time instead of GA.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Yeah, after this card, PWG will have had 35 matches this year, and just 3 of them will have been tags. Hoping the remainder of the year's cards put effort into revitalizing the tag scene. Hard to complain about this show otherwise.
pwggrodd

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu May 05, 2016 8:42 pm

If anyone has just one extra ticket, any section, I would love to be the one to buy it from you. I am as serious as can be :)
Fsportsentertainment

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:06 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, after this card, PWG will have had 35 matches this year, and just 3 of them will have been tags. Hoping the remainder of the year's cards put effort into revitalizing the tag scene. Hard to complain about this show otherwise.

So far this year Ricochet/Sydal, Young Bucks, Death by Elbow, and reDRagon are the only teams to compete in PWG. Bucks have missed a lot of time due to New Japan, Same with O'Reilly, Ricochet is possibly WWE bound. DBE are the only team of those who can be booked on a consistant basis.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, after this card, PWG will have had 35 matches this year, and just 3 of them will have been tags. Hoping the remainder of the year's cards put effort into revitalizing the tag scene. Hard to complain about this show otherwise.

So far this year Ricochet/Sydal, Young Bucks, Death by Elbow, and reDRagon are the only teams to compete in PWG. Bucks have missed a lot of time due to New Japan, Same with O'Reilly, Ricochet is possibly WWE bound. DBE are the only team of those who can be booked on a consistant basis.

I agree, I really would have hoped PWG can bring back Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, and Monster Mafia to help fill the gap for lack of tag teams or have Trevor and Everett team more as well as Angelico and Jack Evans in more tag matches together or hell, even bring back Aero Star and Drago as a tag team as well plus bring back the Motor City Machine Guns since they are teaming again and since Trent? tends to be unavailable, have another partner for Chuck to team with, maybe Drew Gulak to get him doing something or bring in Daga to team with Pentagon Jr. on occasion or even have Wade Barrett if possible to team with Galloway on similar occasions as well plus bring in new teams like War Machine or Tabarnak de Team though dream case scenario, I would like to see Yuji Okabayashi and Daisuke Sekimoto in PWG together as well.
El Asian

Postby Luchaundead » Fri May 06, 2016 10:49 am

eastbay510 wrote:

And the problem with that is three fold part one being we then lose out on Hero singles matches, two if you're going to have Hero in a tag it will probably be Heroes Eventually Die until Tommy is off the indies, and three that would mean PWG regularly booking JT Dunn.
Luchaundead

Postby El Asian » Fri May 06, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm fine with Hero doing tag matches, either with Tommy End or JT Dunn, in case there already singles matches filled up though the tag teams I mentioned previously would also be fine for future tag matches in PWG, also throwing in if PWG brings back Chris Dickinson, they could pair him with Callihan.
El Asian

Postby Jack » Sat May 07, 2016 1:10 pm

We need DDT4 to come back this year.
Jack

Postby Jack » Sat May 07, 2016 1:36 pm

El Asian wrote:I'm fine with Hero doing tag matches, either with Tommy End or JT Dunn, in case there already singles matches filled up though the tag teams I mentioned previously would also be fine for future tag matches in PWG, also throwing in if PWG brings back Chris Dickinson, they could pair him with Callihan.

Yes! I would love to see the United States Death Machine in PWG!
Jack

Postby Luchaundead » Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm

On that same note I'd like to see EYFBO brought in to PWG if no one else has mentioned them yet. They have had really good matches with a bunch of different types of teams examples being The Holligans (another team I'd love in PWG) and Gargano & Ciampa which I don't think there could be any two teams more different from each other and EYFBO had to deliver totally different performances in those and other matches which they never disappoint.
Luchaundead

Postby Jack » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Luchaundead wrote:On that same note I'd like to see EYFBO brought in to PWG if no one else has mentioned them yet. They have had really good matches with a bunch of different types of teams examples being The Holligans (another team I'd love in PWG) and Gargano & Ciampa which I don't think there could be any two teams more different from each other and EYFBO had to deliver totally different performances in those and other matches which they never disappoint.

Yeah! I'd also like to have the rest of Team Pazuzu in PWG. (Chris Dickinson, Heidi Lovelace, Jaka, and Pinkie Sanchez.)
Jack

Postby El Asian » Sun May 15, 2016 10:51 pm

As we all know, Zack Sabre Jr. is out for an injury for 2 weeks, so it'll be interesting how PWG will try to reshuffle this show considering in this instance, its the main event that is being effected, which hardly happens with PWG
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Yeah it's difficult to see how he is going to be able to wrestle this weekend (that wound is gnarly).

As much as I was looking forward to his match with Elgin, I wouldn't want him to take any unneseccary risks.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 am

This is a really tough one to figure out. Only 13 guys booked as of right now, and I can't think of any combination that sticks out as main event caliber. The big problem is this is really short notice and how many top indy wrestlers have open dates a week out? Mabey they can do either a triple threat winner gets a title shot, or some kind of tag match winners get a tag title shot. Problem with a tag is that leaves 9 guys left, probally 3 singles and a triple threat.

If they do bring someone in mabey one of the LU guys. I believe they are taping this weekend if I'm not mistaken. Mabey they could do Pentagon vs Scurll.

Also does anyone know how plane tickets work? Can another Euro guy take Zack's plane ticket?
eastbay510

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum