December 16

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

December 16

Postby Jack » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Marty Scurll vs Zack Sabre, Jr. for the PWG World Title!
Jack

Re: December 16

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Hope we get the rest of the card soon. Or at least an announcement of it being a Mystery Vortex IV, if that's the plan.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I believe SSB finally got US Visa's , I would love to see them on the card vs Young Bucks all over again .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:49 pm

On that note-Michael Elgin's starting up a new indie in the St. Louis area. If he gets enough sponsors for it, he plans to sponsor Josh Alexander for a U.S. work visa. So, fingers crossed that Glory Pro is a success, so that Alexander can come back. I think he'd be a great addition to PWG's roster.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Where did you hear that though? I can't find anything about it.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:25 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I believe SSB finally got US Visa's , I would love to see them on the card vs Young Bucks all over again .

Or SSB vs Pentagon/Fenix.
eastbay510

Postby Jack » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:07 am

eastbay510 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:I believe SSB finally got US Visa's , I would love to see them on the card vs Young Bucks all over again .

Holy shit, that'd be amazing.
Jack

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:24 pm

pwggrodd wrote:On that note-Michael Elgin's starting up a new indie in the St. Louis area. If he gets enough sponsors for it, he plans to sponsor Josh Alexander for a U.S. work visa. So, fingers crossed that Glory Pro is a success, so that Alexander can come back. I think he'd be a great addition to PWG's roster.

Elgin's got a shitty track record with promoting. Hope he's learned from his mistakes, it's always good to have another place for our favourite guys to work
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:58 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:On that note-Michael Elgin's starting up a new indie in the St. Louis area. If he gets enough sponsors for it, he plans to sponsor Josh Alexander for a U.S. work visa. So, fingers crossed that Glory Pro is a success, so that Alexander can come back. I think he'd be a great addition to PWG's roster.

Elgin's got a shitty track record with promoting. Hope he's learned from his mistakes, it's always good to have another place for our favourite guys to work

Alexander would be great to come back, I do wish there is some loophole or work around to bring Mike Bailey back in the US

eastbay510 wrote:

That does sounds
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:08 am

Accidentally pressed submit too soon but yeah, Fenix and Pentagon Jr. vs. Super Smash Brothers sound if the rumor is true, or maybe book Super Smash Brothers vs. another returning team that I really hope PWG brings back, either Angelico and Jack Evans or Motor City Machine

Also, something to note, Evolve is booking Dick Togo the week before PWG is having a show, so hopefully he would still be in country for a PWG appearance.
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:54 am

If that Mortal Kombat theme were to hit on the December 16th show it would be pretty rad , SSB was sooo over when they were around a fews ago before they lost their US Work Visa's. Adding Super Smash Bros with Pentagon Jr and Fenix as well Death by Elbow and like El Asian said possiblby Jack Evans / Angelico and Motor City Machine Guns makes for some interseting match ups on December 16th and for 2017 .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:24 pm

So less then 3 weeks away and still no card...
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm thinking it's Mystery Vortex , the first one was held in December in 2012 and with the lack of match annocments since the main event it just seems like thats the route PWG is going with this show which is awesome. Im guessing tickets go on sale this Thursday on the 1st.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:59 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I'm thinking it's Mystery Vortex , the first one was held in December in 2012 and with the lack of match annocments since the main event it just seems like thats the route PWG is going with this show which is awesome. Im guessing tickets go on sale this Thursday on the 1st.

That is totally a possibility. Only thing that puts doubt about that in my mind is would PWG debut more guys after debuting a bunch of guys at BOLA? I know they don't have to for it to be a great show, but MV2 had that great triple threat and MV3 had Thatcher's debut. I feel like whenever Mystery Vortex is announced the first place my mind goes is thinking about who could possibly debut, it's one of the main reasons MV is as exciting as it is.

That being said, I can see there being a debut at the next show, Haskins, Kamaitachi, Liger, Sydal, Ciampa, Alexander, End, won't be back any time soon, and Gallagher never even made it here(I'm still upset about that), so they may actually have spots to fill.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Definitely thinking it's Mystery Vortex IV, too. Looking forward to it. The only bad thing about these shows is we just really haven't got anything to talk about on the internetz until they happen. The first Mystery Vortex had a heel beat a popular champion to win the title-we could be looking at a repeat occurrence.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:23 pm

So Im checking as many promotions schedules as possible, just teying to find any information, all I found is Mark Andrews is wrestling for ATTACK! in Wales on the 17th, and Ospreay and Ricochet are wrestling for OTT in Ireland on the 16th, so those three won't be at PWG.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:25 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:I'm thinking it's Mystery Vortex , the first one was held in December in 2012 and with the lack of match annocments since the main event it just seems like thats the route PWG is going with this show which is awesome. Im guessing tickets go on sale this Thursday on the 1st.

That is totally a possibility. Only thing that puts doubt about that in my mind is would PWG debut more guys after debuting a bunch of guys at BOLA? I know they don't have to for it to be a great show, but MV2 had that great triple threat and MV3 had Thatcher's debut. I feel like whenever Mystery Vortex is announced the first place my mind goes is thinking about who could possibly debut, it's one of the main reasons MV is as exciting as it is.

That being said, I can see there being a debut at the next show, Haskins, Kamaitachi, Liger, Sydal, Ciampa, Alexander, End, won't be back any time soon, and Gallagher never even made it here(I'm still upset about that), so they may actually have spots to fill.

While Thatcher did debut at Mystery Vortex 2, he was long announced for BOLA that year before that, still counts though technically. I hope the issues are resolved between Sydal and Haskins soon and as for Liger and Kamaitachi, who knows, maybe they'll come back whenever they are in town and maybe bring in a few other guys from NJPW, that has been a dream case scenario and I'm still holding out it'll happen one day.

My biggest concern with this next show isn't the lack of a card but its the fact there hasn't been any word on a day to buy tickets, usually that would be announced as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Seems like it would have to be this week. Hoping for some debuts as well. And more than one tag match, PLEASE.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:06 pm

So Mystery Vortex, that is awesome. Wonder if we are getting new talent? Catch Point? Dezmond Xavier? Mabey some Euro guys?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 am

It's worth noting that 2016 has broken the pattern of 10 show year/9 show year that has been going on since 2011.
pwggrodd

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum