Best Friends vs. Chosen Bros
Lio Rush vs. Keith Lee
Unbreakable F'n Machines vs. War Machine
Matt Sydal vs. Sami Callihan
reDRagon vs. LDRS
El Asian

Re: Man on the Silver Mountain

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 26, 2017 5:39 am

I saw some promotion replaced Lio Rush on a 6/24 show because of injury, so I doubt the Rush/Lee match is happening.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 am

Considering that Lio Rush just dropped the CZW title to Davey Richards, of all people, only a week or so after winning it, I get the feeling he's been signed.
pwggrodd

Postby bford24 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:11 pm

I saw Lio wrestle 2 days ago so I don't think it was because of injury. The signing mention seems more likely
bford24

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Then again, he just won another promotion's belt, and it looks to me like he's going to win the CZW belt right back at their next show. So hey, maybe at least we'll get that Keith Lee match. On another note, Elgin hurt his ankle and is waiting to see what he's done to it, if anything. Man, War Machine vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines was actually the match I was most looking forward to on this card; I'd hate to lose it.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:01 pm

So Matt Riddle is booked for Style Battle the same day as this show, and since he has a WWN contract I'm wondering if he gets pulled from PWG.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:18 am

He'll get pulled. Riddle has a bad habit of double booking. He as much as admitted his memory is screwed from all the pot he smokes. Well, that's one match gone.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 am

I wonder if they are just gonna make it a triple threat match or just shuffle a few matches around. There is still a chance Riddle shows up and blows off WWN, but that would not be a good decision for him to miss a show he is contractually obligated to be at.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Card's been re-shuffled. Instead of Cade vs. Xavier, Crist vs. Lee and Chosen Bros vs. Best Friends, it's now Cade vs. Xavier vs. Crist, Trent? vs. Cobb and Taylor vs. Lee. Still not bad, and it's actually a better use of Crist and Lee. Still a shame not to get Bros vs. Friends, especially considering matches tend not to get a second attempt in PWG (other than Cole getting his last match with Callihan as he intended).
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I actually think the card is way better. I was dreading Crist vs Lee. Also Trent vs Cobb looks great, and Trevor vs Chuck was really good last time they wrestled.

I really hope Riddle didn't burn his bridge, he is one of the best going today, but he has double booked at least 4 times that I can think of now. He really needs to get his shit together.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 am

He really needs a Bill Behrens type to handle his bookings for him.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:28 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Riddle didn't burn his bridge, he is one of the best going today, but he has double booked at least 4 times that I can think of now. He really needs to get his shit together.

Yeah, I doubt this will be the last of Riddle in PWG, this was just a fuck up on his part and to be fair, the times he has done this, he ends up cancelling bookings for other companies to work PWG instead, so I guess its technically fair for Riddle to at least let PWG know ahead of time for the changes going on.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:06 am

Just some quick thoughts;

-Cade looked solid, and you can see the potential. Not blow away, but he will get better and he has a lot of charisma. I hope PWG drops Strickland and Cade takes his place.

-The main event was really awesome. Easily the best match of the show. Lee vs Rush and Cobb vs Trent were also really good.

-War Machine vs UFM and Sami vs Sydal were pretty meh. I am terrified of Sami making a run in BOLA.

-James Franco is a PWG fan I guess.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:10 am

-Awesome show. I really liked the 3 way. Seemed like they were busting their asses to prove their worth and it made for a very exciting match despite the loose ropes.

-Leo Rush is quickly becoming my favorite wrestler at the moment.

-I noticed a lot more old school fans there than usual. Seemed like a reunion of sorts.

-This was the first time in years there were plenty of empty seats. I got the feeling the people who were standing were only doing so because they wanted to and not cuz they had to. I know this means less revenue for PWG but it was super comfortable as a fan since there was room to move and breath. But the fans were no less vocal. In fact they may have been more vocal than usual.

-I still wish Dino Winwood could have made an appearance. His singing of "Man on the Silver Mountain" at the original BOLA was classic. Can someone fill me in on what's driving the beef between him and PWG?
shyboy13

Postby camstun187 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Dino hates the fact that by 2009/2010, PWG had become what he called a "supercard show" and hated that local guys weren't given enough chances anymore. I spoke to him about this several times on Facebook back in 2010 and he has a very "fuck PWG" attitude.

To be honest, though, PWG has moved on from being some local SoCal indy and shouldn't need to book unspectacular talents like Bomberry and Mercury.

Things change.
camstun187

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:56 pm

camstun187 wrote:Dino hates the fact that by 2009/2010, PWG had become what he called a "supercard show" and hated that local guys weren't given enough chances anymore. I spoke to him about this several times on Facebook back in 2010 and he has a very "fuck PWG" attitude.

To be honest, though, PWG has moved on from being some local SoCal indy and shouldn't need to book unspectacular talents like Bomberry and Mercury.

Things change.

The local talent vs fly-ins is basically the reason behind the Scorpio Sky/ Kevin Steen thing a few years back.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:31 am

It doesn't help that Scorpio thinks he's of equal value to the fly-ins. I've seen plenty of the guy's work, and as far as I can see, he's never proven that. There's a reason he doesn't work outside of California all that often.
pwggrodd

Postby shyboy13 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:03 am

pwggrodd wrote:It doesn't help that Scorpio thinks he's of equal value to the fly-ins. I've seen plenty of the guy's work, and as far as I can see, he's never proven that. There's a reason he doesn't work outside of California all that often.

I completely disagree but I respect your opinion. I think the reason he didn't become a major star was because of political reasons such as not networking like he probably should have or saying the wrong things on social media. It had nothing to do with his in ring work, charisma, or aesthetics.
shyboy13

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Yeah, he's definitely said/done some stupid things. And Winwood can bitch about PWG using fly-ins as much as he wants, but from everything I've ever heard, PWG probably wouldn't even be around today if they hadn't changed their booking philosophy.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Honestly, while I don't agree with Dino's resentment, I do see his point as well but I do agree with the point that PWG is the place to be and using fly ins has helped the company to where it is today. That being said, I do wish PWG did book relatively lesser known local guys, at this rate, I do wonder why someone like Jason Cade, which granted he's a solid talent and PWG should continue to book Cade anyways at this point since they are bringing him back, who wasn't really high on people's radar other than he's part of Sami Callihan's group over local guys like Eli Everfly, Adrian Quest, or Andy Brown. But like I said, I am not against PWG booking Cade and if they feel he's worth bringing in, then continue book Cade and have continue to impress in PWG.
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum