All Star Weekend 13

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 13

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:24 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:So unless this is an error going on, night 1 tickets are still available for GA and standing room instead of the usual selling out in 1 minute like any other show would. Personally, even though night 1 looks fine on paper and all but I feel it is the weakest of the 2 and the fact its not even selling out right now might be proof of that.

Personally, I think night 1 definitely needs to be rearranged or changed up a bit, like if Penta El 0M is available on October 20, I would definitely have the Lucha Brothers defend the tag titles against Chozen Bros as the headline match for night 1 especially night 1 needs a title defense on that card while Jonah Rock and Keith Lee would face off instead while I guess you can turn the 4 way match into a 3 way or replace Rey Fenix with either Eli Everfly, Laredo Kid, Mr. 450, Drastik Boy, Daga, Jack Evans, or Dezmond Xavier or maybe just book all of them with Guevara, Flamita, and Horus into a 10 man tag match after intermission

I completely disagree with this. I think N1 is way stronger than N2 on paper. I am super excited about Brooks debut vs Haskins and the 4 way Lucha match. I have seen way weaker shows sell out faster then this one. Has to be a glitch or something.

Probably right though my only issue with night 1 is no tag matches or any title defenses, maybe other than that, Night 1 doesn't feel like an All Star Weekend type show compared to night 2

eastbay510 wrote:I wonder if Justin will be at these shows after killing the Banks/Haskins match at BOLA and the botchfest during the triple threat at Pushing Foward Back.

On one hand, Justin is good at getting heat and the moment where Marty broke Justin's fingers was Justin's fingers and Justin can't count was the highlight of Justin's career and probably the best use of Marty's finger break spot but on the other hand, a lot of times matches do screw up by bad calls from Justin like the Banks and Haskins match, personally, maybe replace Justin and bring back Marty Elias or Patrick Hernandez instead
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:17 am

Well, Elias is going to be a bit more free soon enough if Lucha Underground doesn't come back.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Well Rick and Justin work Lucha Underground while doing other ref jobs including PWG, so who knows with Elias though I think he might do other ref jobs in Mexico as well.

Anyways, looks like the changes I suggested for night 1 have now been confirmed
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Hoping Chosen Bros win. Should be a pretty good match, regardless!
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

And, while losing Lee/Riddle is a shame, I think Rock/Lee is a bit more interesting since it's never happened before. And Fenix being taken out of the four way makes the winner of that match less obvious. It probably gives each of the three left a bit more time to shine individually too, which is good since they're all still new to the promotion. Not a bad set of changes.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Looks like both shows are gonna get shuffled, Travis Banks just tweeted he won't be able to make it this weekend. I doubt thay will be able to find a replacement on such short notice.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but if there was ever a chance for a local to debut this is it.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 pm

pwggrodd wrote:And, while losing Lee/Riddle is a shame, I think Rock/Lee is a bit more interesting since it's never happened before. And Fenix being taken out of the four way makes the winner of that match less obvious. It probably gives each of the three left a bit more time to shine individually too, which is good since they're all still new to the promotion. Not a bad set of changes.

While Riddle and Lee had a fantastic match at EVOLVE, it would be nice to see how well Rock does against Lee instead

eastbay510 wrote:Looks like both shows are gonna get shuffled, Travis Banks just tweeted he won't be able to make it this weekend. I doubt thay will be able to find a replacement on such short notice.

Well that sucks but I think you forget that PWG can find someone at short notice much easier than most companies since a lot of guys would love to get a spot in PWG given how an appearance in PWG can lead to more eyes for a guy. Either that or they just see if anyone that doesn't have a match on night 1 and 2 take Banks's spot

eastbay510 wrote:Can't believe I'm about to say this, but if there was ever a chance for a local to debut this is it.

This works as well
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Well both nights are in the books and definitely a fantastic All Star Weekend, probably the best All Star Weekend that PWG has ever had and WALTER came off the biggest star the entire weekend.
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 am

Yes it sounded like a great weekend!

Spoiler: show
I'm really pleased for Ricochet. He's really earned his spot as champion. And the Chosen Bros title win is very cool too!
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

I am late, but some brief thoughts:

Obviously the title matches were the story of the weekend, but to me the stories were The new guys stepping up in a big way. WALTER became a major player in PWG this weekend, having my favorite match of the weekend vs Zack in an all time PWG classic. Walter gave Zack THE loudest chop I've ever heard in my life, if you were there you know the one I'm talking about.

Also Rock had a much better weekend than he had at BOLA. This was one of four borderline match of the year contenders over ASW(it was a pretty epic weekend). This felt like we saw what Jonah can actually do. He also had a really hot opener with Adam Brooks, and speaking of...

Brooks looked awesome. I felt like he really got over. Not only the quality of the matches, but his personality too. Everyone I talked to really enjoyed the banter with the crowd. His match vs Rock on N2 was the better match.

Also I gotta give a shout out to the lucha triple threat on N1. One of the most insane matches I've seen in forever, Guevarra is an absolute mad man. Crowd was white hot for this.

Top five:

1)WALTER vs Zack
2)Rock vs Lee
3)WALTER vs Ricochet
4)Lucha triple threat
5)Rock vs Adam Brooks

Like I said, top 4 are all MOTYC. Amazing weekend.

Last thing, thank you Angelo.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Late response but as disappointing Brian Cage ended up being a replacement for Travis Banks, I thought his match against Webster was far better than I thought it be
El Asian

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum